Youth Participant/Underage Purchaser-Pennsylvania
Thu, 07/02/2020 - 14:05
The FDA Center for Tobacco Products requires the assistance of underaged participants to attempt the purchase of tobacco products from local tobacco retailers. The goal of the program is to ensure tobacco retailers are complying with Federal laws and regulations that prevent them from selling tobacco products to minors. This will be a part-time, position working outside school hours and on some weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:¬†
- Always supervised and monitored by an FDA Commissioned Inspector and adult Chaperone (as needed) during their work shift.¬†
- Receive training prior to conducting any purchase attempts.¬†
- Driven to and from the tobacco retailer locations by the FDA Commissioned Inspector.¬†
- Attempt to purchase a tobacco product per the procedures provided within their training and the instructions provided by the FDA Commissioned Inspector.¬†¬†
- After the purchase attempt, will leave the tobacco retailer with or without a purchased item.¬†
- Purchased items will be immediately turned over to the FDA Commissioned.¬†
Minimum Job Qualifications:¬†¬†
Language: Fluency in English¬†
Age: Must be between 16 ‚Äď 20 yrs and 10 months of age¬†
Knowledge: Possess a strong work ethic. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to dress and look age appropriate.¬†
Hours: Must be flexible and able to work after school hours and on the weekends as necessary¬†
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.