Fri, 09/27/2019 - 11:46
JBS International is seeking a passionate Web Designer to join a large Agile development team responsible for modernizing, iteratively designing on and maintaining operations on our federal clients‚Äô websites and applications. The Web Designer will work closely with other project team members and have strong UX/UI skills to identify, define, concept and deliver user centric designs for CMS-driven websites and applications. The Web Designer will be detail-oriented and naturally communicate how audience needs, organization goals and technology can work together to create an optimal user experience. Experience in information architecture and content strategy is a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead comprehensive audience research and usability testing, identifying opportunities for improvement in the short and long term.
- Translate concepts into personas, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that define intuitive user experiences.
- Using high and low fidelity design tools, deliver the appropriate user centric designs including prototypes, mockups, wireframes, information architecture, user flows, user stories, style tiles, style guides, optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate the design solutions. Drive and participate in usability testing.
- Be a major contributor and go-to expert on UX, web design and SEO considerations and issues.
- Ensure designs are mobile-friendly and 508 compliant.
- Work independently and with¬†project director, project manager, technical lead, business analysts, QA analysts, front-end developers, back-end developers, project stakeholders¬†and customers to solve design problems.
- Participate in scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and standup meetings for agile projects.
- Remain up to date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Education: Bachelor‚Äôs degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design or a related field.
Experience:¬†A minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience with user experience (UX), user interface (UI), and user research activities. Or 7 years of hands-on work experience without a degree. A minimum of 5 years of experience in information architecture, human factors, or related field. A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking is must. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry‚Äôs latest trends and technologies.
Knowledge:¬†Proficient understanding of web markup. Good understanding of SEO principles.
Software Proficiency:¬†Adobe creative suite design and Web applications, Design for responsive Web design, UI/UX design, Web content strategy, wireframes, style tiles, style guides, element collage, Sketch, broad HTML5 skill set, CSS3, accessibility, and 508 compliance.
Location: This position is onsite in North Bethesda, MD
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust clearance.
At this time, JBS International, Inc. cannot sponsor nor transfer a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience:¬†Experience working in an Agile environment on large and complex content dissemination websites using CMS technologies like WordPress and Drupal.
Knowledge:¬†Design for Drupal.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please apply online. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office