Training Specialist -Child Welfare Project
Fri, 01/29/2021 - 12:17
The Child Welfare Training Specialist is responsible for the hands-on creation, delivery, and support of high-quality training¬†programs, including live training curricula, webinars, online courses, and self-study sessions, for state and Tribal child welfare organizations as well as a large internal group of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as part of their preparation to participate in the federally mandated Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSRs). He or she will ensure that desired outcomes are achieved by leveraging contemporary adult learning principles, innovative design, and effective evaluation and learning reinforcement practices, as well as state-of-the-art tools, technology, and vendor resources. Must demonstrate exceptional writing skills and public speaking abilities. The ideal candidate will have public child welfare experience and knowledge of the CFSRs. Some travel (10-20 percent) required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Applies advanced Instructional Design skills to create and develop training curricula, documentation, videos, and other supplementary materials such as Tip Sheets, Handouts, and Procedures Manuals, as needed, using a diverse variety of training modalities
- Analyzes audience needs and skill levels to appropriately customize training content and distill complex ideas, concepts, and instructions into an appropriate and approachable format¬†
- Plans, writes, edits, and manages production of print and online training materials and curricula using approved formats and style sheets
- Will plan and facilitate a wide variety of instructional techniques, such as role plays, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, lectures, and distance learning
- Regularly reviews, updates, improves, and enhances training methods using a continuous quality improvement (CQI) approach
- Designs training evaluations and evaluates training outcomes
- Assists in the development and creation of additional material, including but not limited to case studies, videos, and PowerPoints
- Creates high-quality quizzes, mini-games, and other meaningful interactive materials to support in-person and Web-based training modules
- Collaborates effectively with other instructional designers, graphic designers, SMEs, and other team members to bring eLearning content to life
- Stays current and educated on trends, innovations, and applications within the industry
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor's Degree in related field¬†
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of proven, hands-on experience in instructional design and training development related primarily to curriculum development, live training delivery, and adult learning, with additional experience in eLearning/asynchronous learning development and delivery. Experience working in collaborative environments and in managing the production cycle of print and online materials. ¬†
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of current adult learning theory and instructional design models such as ADDIE. Solid understanding of test and evaluation design principles, large and small group facilitation, and public speaking.¬†Has a solid understanding of child welfare practice generally and the CFSRs specifically.
Soft Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact and collaborate with staff and stakeholders at all levels, from SMEs to senior leaders, and foster strong relationships. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and planning skills. Ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Ability to effectively lead, organize. Very detail-oriented and organized. Innovative.¬†
¬†Software¬†Proficiency: Knowledge of learning management systems, including Adobe Prime. Proficiency in various communication and training delivery channels, including Adobe Connect. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Word.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs Degree in relevant field
Knowledge: Good understanding of Section 508 compliance and best practices/design principles related to online accessibility. Good understanding of the Child and Family Services Reviews process and related federal instruments, including the Onsite Review Instrument and Instructions (OSRI).
Experience: At least 5 years‚Äô experience working in public child welfare, including participation in a Child and Family Services Review.¬†
Software Proficiency: Proficiency in a variety of graphic/media design tools including (but not limited to) Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Audition, Audacity, Prezi, PowerPoint, and InDesign.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
At this time, we are unable to consider candidates from the following states: AK, AR, HI, IN, NH, OH, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, SD, ND, IA
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office