Temporary Research Assistant II -NAWS (CA, Remote)
Mon, 03/29/2021 - 17:01
The Temporary Research Assistant II position on the National Agricultural Workers Survey will assist with project coordination, and support data collection efforts, data management, statistical analysis, developing reports and presentations. Tasks may include providing support for maintaining and monitoring data collection efforts, preparing data for analysis, conducting data analysis, and preparing tables and graphs for reports and presentations; retrieving documents, literature, and data for reports, memos, and presentations; assisting with the preparation and distribution of publications which may include design, layout, and copy-editing presentations or other materials. Tasks may also include providing support for maintaining and monitoring project work plans, timelines, and schedules.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support of Data Collection Efforts
- Assist in collecting and organizing data using Microsoft Access, Excel and/or SAS. ¬†
Support of Documentation Efforts
- With the oversight of the Project Director, coordinate and oversee the maintenance of data dictionaries (files and codebooks), reviewing their completeness and accuracy; Assist with documenting statistical procedures; Assist with studies of data quality including response rates, non-response bias, design effects and other analysis of survey quality.
- Take minutes and maintain project records and documentation as needed.
- Enter/import data from multiple sources into SAS datasets, MS Access databases and Excel spreadsheets.
- Create brief summaries of technical reports and documents for entry into project databases.
- Conversion of Excel databases into other data formats such as SAS.
- Assist in collecting and organizing data from federal and other sources.
- Data cleaning, formatting, labeling, and archiving.
- This position will provide support for both simple and complex analyses which may include cross-tabulations, projections, estimates, and the preparation of graphs, charts, and PowerPoint presentations for clearance and distribution.
- Assist with data analysis of data including running or overseeing routine data checks. ¬† Conduct data analysis using SAS.
- With oversight of Project Director, develop and maintain accurate and up to date SAS, Excel or MS Access databases and perform analysis as needed for other projects.¬†
- Create tables and graphs (in Excel and/or PowerPoint) for reports and presentations as needed.
- Retrieve and compile documents, literature, resources, and data for reports and presentations.¬†
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of publications, which may include narrative and/or basic design, layout, and copy-editing presentations or other dissemination materials.¬†
Assist in Other Project Services as Necessary
- When necessary, run SAS programs, Access queries, or respond to data information requests.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Education:¬†Completed Junior year of college requirements or equivalent.¬†
Experience: ¬†1 year of work experience.¬†Key qualifications knowledge of basic statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with data. Experience includes initiative, great organizational skills, ability to work well in a team, and excellent communication skills (oral and written).¬†Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Software Proficiency:¬†Six months experience working with data using either paid experience or at least one semester of¬†statistical courses in college performing data analysis in SAS, Stata or R is acceptable in lieu of equivalent months of work experience using those software programs. Six month of experience using MS Excel and Word (especially graph and table proficiency), and Power Point. ¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience:¬†Previous work in a multi-cultural environment a plus. Familiarity with Spanish a plus. ¬†Knowledge of or experience with farmworkers and/or immigrant populations a plus. ¬†Experience¬†working in an office environment or in a research institution,¬†preferably in Economics, Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, or a similar field a plus.¬†
Software Proficiency:¬†Experience using MS Access a plus. Additional knowledge/experience in SAS, Stata, R, or similar statistical software (e.g., SPSS) a plus.
Location:¬†Ability to report to San Mateo, California Office a plus.¬†
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link ¬†and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer‚Äďminorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- California Office