Technical Expert Lead II
Wed, 03/06/2019 - 17:11
The Technical Expert Lead II (TEL II) is the in-house senior content expert for an assigned group of grantees and, in collaboration with other TELs and project leadership, a team leader responsible for ensuring the design and delivery of all technical assistance (TA) and deliverables for JBS projects. The TEL II coaches and guides staff in the support and implementation of effective, high quality TA and communicates with the JBS client(s) per the established project guidelines. The TEL II may also supervise other JBS staff.
Fundamental Requirement: The TEL II must have a passionate commitment to consumer-centric design and delivery of TA and an understanding of and commitment to the project's model of TA as a strengths-based, continuous process that supports each grantee throughout its journey.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain professional expertise in content area, ensuring that subject area knowledge remains current; identify trends, emerging issues, policies, and evidence-based practices (EBPs) and share them with program area staff, other TELs, senior management, our clients, and other JBS staff as appropriate.
- Maintain communication with assigned client contacts, responding to requests; participating in meetings; providing up-to-date information about trends, issues, policies, and EBPs; offering recommendations regarding effective TA approaches for grantees, topics for grantee meetings and workshops, and skilled consultants and presenters.
- Ensure TA activities carried out by TEL II meet all contractual obligations and requirements of the client/contract.Â
- Manage, guide, and monitor the design and delivery of all TA; ensure all TAÂ related activities are documented (whether in the designated TA tracking system or other method) in a timely fashion.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure all allocated funds are spent and no overages are incurred; may assist with budget development.
- Lead preparation and finalization of written deliverables, including site visit reports, meeting reports, literature reviews, technical documents, and other products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations) as requested by client.
- Guide, and manage assigned TA staff in carrying out the support and logistical activities required for delivering all types of TA and may supervise staff.
- Support professional growth, learning, and performance of each staff person, leveraging each individual's strengths and maximizing each person's contributions to the project.
- Work with other TELs, the project's senior management team, and JBS client to identify trends in TA needs, analyze which types of TA work and why, identify emerging issues, and design long-term strategies for taking grantees to higher levels of performance/outcomes.
- Identify issues and successes to ensure transfer of lessons learned and increased efficiency in the delivery of TA.
- Collaborate with other TELs to support the exchange of information across all grantees served by the various projects.
- May oversee expenditure tracking and analysis, consultant agreements processing, planning, logistics, and follow up with grantees and consultants, review of expense vouchers, timely and accurate TA report preparation and submission.Â
- As assigned, work with senior management, operations, TA staff, and client(s), assist with development of project budgets; assist with monitoring the budget to ensure all allocated dollars are spent and no overages are incurred; ensures expenditures comply with contractual requirements.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Masterâ€™s degree in relevant fieldÂ
Language: English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience: At least 15 years of relevant work experience. Demonstrated applied expertise in specific Public Health topic.
Knowledge: Content Knowledge of current and emerging issues for assigned grant program areas. Strengths-based approach to delivering TA and to working with others.
Skills: Interacts well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and is also able to work independently and without extensive supervision and follows chain of command to address personnel or management concerns. Honors, respects, and celebrates cultural differences. Effective, clear, and professional writing and oral communication skills. Attention to detail.
Location: North Bethesda, MD or RemoteÂ
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language: Fluency in a language other than English
Experience: 3 yearsâ€™ direct program management experience. At least 2 yearsâ€™ supervisory experience. Consulting and contract management experience. Federal government contracting experience.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office
- Maryland Office