Technical Expert Lead I (RCORP)
Mon, 04/19/2021 - 13:38
The Technical Expert Lead (TEL) is the in-house content expert for an assigned group of grantees and, in collaboration with other TELs and project leadership, responsible for ensuring the design and delivery of all technical assistance (TA) and deliverables for the Rural Communities Opioid Response Program (RCORP). The TEL coaches, and guides staff in the support and implementation of effective, high quality TA and communicates with the JBS client per the established project guidelines. ¬† Specifically, the incumbent will possess technical knowledge providing direct treatment services to people who have stimulant use disorders (especially methamphetamine) and building community programs to that end. ¬†Deep knowledge of opioid related responses is also required. ¬†
Fundamental Requirement: The TEL must have a passionate commitment to consumer-centric design and delivery of TA and an understanding of and commitment to the project's model of TA as a strengths-based, continuous process that supports each grantee throughout its journey.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain professional expertise in stimulant and opioid evidence-based treatment and recovery practices, ensuring that subject area knowledge remains current; identify trends, emerging issues, policies, and evidence-based practices (EBPs) and share them with program area staff, other TELs, senior management, our clients, and other JBS staff as appropriate.
- Maintain communication with assigned client contacts, responding to requests; participating in meetings; providing up-to-date information about trends, issues, policies, and EBPs; offering recommendations regarding effective TA approaches for grantees, topics for grantee meetings and workshops, and skilled consultants and presenters.
- Ensure TA activities carried out by TEL meet all contractual obligations and requirements of the client/contract.
- Manage, guide, and monitor the design and delivery of all TA; ensure all TA¬≠ related activities are documented (whether in the designated TA tracking system or other method) in a timely fashion.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure all allocated funds are spent and no overages are incurred.
- Lead and/or contribute to preparation and finalization of written deliverables, including site visit reports, meeting reports, literature reviews, technical documents, and other products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations) as requested by client.
- Guide and manage assigned TA staff in carrying out the support and logistical activities required for delivering all types of TA.
- Work with other TELs, the project's senior management team, and JBS client to identify trends in TA needs, analyze which types of TA work and why, identify emerging issues, and design long-term strategies for taking grantees to higher levels of performance/outcomes.
- Identify issues and successes to ensure transfer of lessons learned and increased efficiency in the delivery of TA.¬†
- Collaborate with other TELs to support the exchange of information across all grantees served by the various projects.
- Contribute to proposal preparation.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs degree in relevant field¬†¬†
Language:¬†English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience:¬†At least 10 years of relevant work experience.¬†
Knowledge: ¬†Experience in general Public Health topics, specifically evidence-based treatment for stimulant use disorders and community based opioid responses.¬†Strengths-based approach to delivering TA and to working with others.
Soft Skills: Interacts well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and is also able to work independently and without extensive supervision and follows chain of command to address personnel or management concerns. Honors, respects, and celebrates cultural differences. ¬†Effective, clear, and professional writing and oral communication skills. Attention to detail.
Location: North Bethesda, MD or Remote
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Master‚Äôs degree or higher
Language: Fluency in a language other than English
Experience: Consulting experience
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf. ¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.