Technical Expert Lead I
Wed, 03/06/2019 - 17:04
The Technical Expert Lead (TEL) is the in-house content expert for an assigned group of grantees and, in collaboration with other TELs and project leadership, responsible for ensuring the design and delivery of all technical assistance (TA) and deliverables for JBS projects. The TEL coaches, and guides staff in the support and implementation of effective, high quality TA and communicates with the JBS client per the established project guidelines.
Fundamental Requirement: The TEL must have a passionate commitment to consumer-centric design and delivery of TA and an understanding of and commitment to the project's model of TA as a strengths-based, continuous process that supports each grantee throughout its journey.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain professional expertise in content area, ensuring that subject area knowledge remains current; identify trends, emerging issues, policies, and evidence-based practices (EBPs) and share them with program area staff, other TELs, senior management, our clients, and other JBS staff as appropriate.
- Maintain communication with assigned client contacts, responding to requests; participating in meetings; providing up-to-date information about trends, issues, policies, and EBPs; offering recommendations regarding effective TA approaches for grantees, topics for grantee meetings and workshops, and skilled consultants and presenters.
- Ensure TA activities carried out by TEL meet all contractual obligations and requirements of the client/contract.
- Manage, guide, and monitor the design and delivery of all TA; ensure all TAÂ related activities are documented (whether in the designated TA tracking system or other method) in a timely fashion.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure all allocated funds are spent and no overages are incurred.
- Lead and/or contribute to preparation and finalization of written deliverables, including site visit reports, meeting reports, literature reviews, technical documents, and other products (e.g., PowerPoint presentations) as requested by client.
- Guide, and manage assigned TA staff in carrying out the support and logistical activities required for delivering all types of TA.
- Work with other TELs, the project's senior management team, and JBS client to identify trends in TA needs, analyze which types of TA work and why, identify emerging issues, and design long-term strategies for taking grantees to higher levels of performance/outcomes.
- Identify issues and successes to ensure transfer of lessons learned and increased efficiency in the delivery of TA.
- Collaborate with other TELs to support the exchange of information across all grantees served by the various projects.
- Contribute to proposal preparation.
Minimum Job Qualifications:Â
Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree in relevant fieldÂ
Language: English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience: At least 10 years of relevant work experience.Experience in general Public Health topics.
Knowledge:Â Content Knowledge of current and emerging issues for assigned gran program areas. Strengths-based approach to delivering TA and to working with others.
Skills: Interacts well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and is also able to work independently and without extensive supervision and follows chain of command to address personnel or management concerns. Honors, respects, and celebrates cultural differences. Effective, clear, and professional writing and oral communication skills. Attention to detail.
Location: North Bethesda, MD or Remote
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Education: Masterâ€™s degree or higherÂ
Language: Fluency in a language other than English
Experience: Consulting experience
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please emailÂ email@example.comÂ to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office
- Maryland Office