Technical Assistance Manager (RCORP, HRSA)
Thu, 08/27/2020 - 13:16
The Technical Assistance Manager (TAM) plays a key role in the planning and delivery of high-quality technical assistance (TA) to diverse grantees across the nation. The TAM will advance the goals of the project, and other responsibilities as assigned, supporting quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis to effectively assess the capacity of publicly funded behavioral health services.Â
The TAM drives communication and organization across the project team to consistently meet and exceed contract deadlines, ensure high quality TA and product delivery, and follow up on post-TA tasks to ensure TA has the intended impact. TAMs are committed to learning about and contributing to JBS efforts to respond to the project needs.Â
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Play central role in the planning and delivery of the project, including site visits, targeted TA, and offsite TA to individual states and grantees.
- Help to identify issues that impact multiple grantees and design long-term, overall TA strategies for grantees.
- Oversee the seamless logistical planning and execution of site visits, webinars, learning collaboratives, policy academies, and grantee meetings. Participate in and may lead TA content development and research.
- Work with grantee staff to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Develop content expertise and project management experience related to planning and monitoring multiple concurrent TA events, budgeting and budget management, ensuring and maintaining good client relationships, and tracking/documenting TA activities.
- Facilitate online surveys and information requests from grantees and clients, draft and distribute information disseminated via listserv, and develop and maintain grantee databases.
- Develop standard operating procedures and review technical content for compliance as requested.Â
- Extensive travel may be required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree in social services or public health-related field
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a human services or public health related field
Skills: Demonstrates strong attention to detail; well organized; can determine priority of assigned tasks with minimal guidance and can manage time to ensure tasks are completed on time and at the expected level of quality. Works well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and can also work independently and without extensive supervision; follows chain of command to address personnel or management concerns. Can handle multiple tasks at various stages and has the flexibility needed to adjust to last-minute requests for information and changing priorities or procedures. Takes initiative; asks questions when appropriate to do so. Takes a proactive approach to problem solving. Is verbally articulate and clear in oral and written communication. Anticipates potential project risks and implements plans to avoid them.
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suites
Location: North Bethesda, MD or remote
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Masterâ€™s degree
Knowledge: Foundation level understanding of evaluation methodology and data analytics. Â Â Knowledge in the areas of government contracting, grants management, and office administration.
Software Proficiency: Microsoft SharePoint, Survey Monkey, Webinar Management Platforms (e.g., Zoom, WebEx, Adobe Connect), Listserv Platforms
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the online application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office