Technical Assistance Coordinator â€“ Opioid Epidemic Response Portfolio
Thu, 11/29/2018 - 16:12
Would you like to join a national team of staff committed to addressing the opioid epidemic ravaging our country? Would you like to:
- Learn how to help communities build cross-sector partnerships?
- Coordinate the implementation of innovative treatment strategies?
- Work with subject matter experts to expand the borders of current treatment systems to engage other service points in primary care, criminal justice, and child welfare?
- Help support grantees in rural communities with strategic planning, workforce development planning, and sustainability planning?
- Support family members, including children, impacted by the opioid epidemic?
- Improve the lives of those living with an opioid use disorder (OUD) in rural communities by expanding access to prevention, treatment, and recovery services?
JBS International is seeking a Technical Assistance Coordinator for our Rural Communities Opioid Response Program â€“ Technical Assistance (RCORP-TA) initiative.
Who is JBS International?
We are a leading government contractor and consulting firm with over 30 yearsâ€™ experience implementing positive changes in health and social services systems. We are headquartered in North Bethesda, Maryland and have offices in Atlanta, Georgia and Burlingame, California. Driven by a team of passionate and dedicated subject matter experts, we pledge to work with our customers to solve complex problems, to achieve their mission, in ways that sustain improvements in peopleâ€™s lives.
How is JBS responding to the Opioid Epidemic?
JBS partners with a variety of Federal, State, and local partners to deliver innovative and creative technical assistance to improve the prevention, treatment, and recovery services and systems for persons with opioid use and substance use disorders, their children, and their families. The JBS TA team consists of subject matter experts, managerial, administrative, and operations staff to achieve this goal.
What is a Technical Assistance Coordinator (TAC)?
The TAC implements all phases of logistical planning necessary to support delivery of all types of technical assistance. The TAC coordinates, tracks, and follows up on TA events and assists in planning and managing pre-site, onsite, and follow-up logistical activities in support of small and large meetings and other related activities. The TAC collaborates with and supports a variety of staff and projects as needed.
- Passionate commitment to consumer-centric design and delivery of technical assistance; understanding and commitment to the projectâ€™s model of TA as a strengths-based, continuous process that supports each grantee throughout their journey
- Strong organizational skills and high comfort level with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Effective, clear, and professional writing and oral communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in social services or public health-related field.
- At least 1 year of experie working in human services, public health, or federal contracting experience and/or TA management experience preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the "APPLY NOW" link posted below and complete the application through ADP. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, at least three (3) professional references, and salary history. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.Â
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdfÂ Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Religion/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender/Sexual Orientation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office