Technical Assistance Coordinator
Tue, 10/01/2019 - 13:31
Under the direction of the OVC Project Operations Manager and working closely with the Project Lead, Technical Expert Leads (TELs), Technical Assistance Managers (TAMs) and Quality Assurance Director, the Technical Assistance Coordinator (TAC) implements all the phases of logistical planning necessary to support delivery of all types of training and technical assistance (T/TA). The TAC coordinates, tracks, and follows up on T/TA events and assists in planning and managing pre-site, onsite, and follow-up logistical activities in support of small and large meetings and other related activities. The TAC works collaboratively with and supports all members of the project team and the project as a whole when needed.
The TAC must have a passionate commitment to consumer-centric design and delivery of T/TA and an understanding of and commitment to the projectâ€™s model of T/TA as a strengths-based, continuous process that supports each grantee throughout its journey.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to the OVC Project Operations Manager and supports the TELs and TAMs implementing all logistical aspects of T/TA delivery for the assigned program area. Specific job responsibilities include the following:
A. TA Planning and Delivery
1.Â Planning (site visits, targeted T/TA)
- Assists the team in researching issues germane to a specific T/TA assignment.
- Assists the team in researching cost information for T/TA budgets.
- Schedules conference calls for T/TA planning; may assist in documentation of calls.
- Enters consultant information into the T/TA tracking system.
- May participate in T/TA planning calls.
- May assist in identifying appropriate consultants.
- Prepares and transmits background materials to consultants and/or site visit team members.
- Works with team to ensure materials are edited and sent to production for reproduction and shipment.
- Assembles consultant agreement packages.
- Transmits site visit materials to grantees.
- Assembles and disseminates T/TA reports.
- May participate in site visits.
- Prepares evaluation forms for T/TA events using assigned template.
- Over time, and as skills and competencies increase, may take on increasing responsibility for T/TA planning and delivery.
2. Grantee Meetings and Other Multiple Attendee Events
- Works with the TEL, TAM, and others to support and ensure the smooth implementation of grantee meetings and other multiple participant events, including webinars.
- Registers meeting participants, performs quality check on participant data, and tracks registrations.
- Works with the entire T/TA team to order, prepare, and track meeting materials.
- Arranges for meeting materials to be sent to event site.
- May draft notes from regular and planning meetings with TELs.
B. TA Implementation and Assessment
1. Site Visits/Targeted TA
- Provides support as directed by the TEL or TAM to grantees and consultants throughout T/TA implementation.
- If participating in site visit, may contribute to or draft site visit report.
- 2. Grantee Meetings and Other Multiple Attendee Events
- Provides onsite staff support at meetings.
- Looks for opportunities to make events run more smoothly and acts accordingly.
- Inputs meeting evaluation data into evaluation database as instructed by the Operations Manager, Quality Assurance Director, TEL, or other staff.
C. TA Tracking
- Enters T/TA- or event-relevant data in the designated T/TA tracking system in a timely fashion (no less than weekly), as directed by the OM, TEL or TAM.
D. Information Systems and Tracking
- Provides up-to-date, accurate grantee information for entry in systems and spreadsheets as directed by the OM, TEL or TAM.
- Identifies new content for posting.
E. Project Reports and Other Written Deliverables
- May contribute to project reports (e.g., quarterly reports).
- May prepare summaries of meetings with TEL or TAM.
- F. Identifying Trends, Issues, Successful and Unsuccessful Strategies
- Continually scans program area activities to help program area team identify trends, issues, strategies, evidence-based practices (EBPs), successful grantees, etc.
G. Communication with the Client
- Works with project senior management and other team members to facilitate communication with the client and develop an ongoing, collaborative relationship.
- Responds to client requests promptly, as directed by the Project Director; seeks guidance from the OM, TEL or TAM when appropriate.
H. Communication and Collaboration Across the Opioid Epidemic Response Portfolio
- Shares information and ideas with colleagues in other program areas.
- Supports other program areas when help is needed.
I. Routine Activities
- Sets up all-hands staff meetings; solicits agenda topics, drafts agenda; ensures room set-up and needed equipment are available; sets up WebEx if needed.
- Obtains copies of PowerPoints, handouts, and other materials from consultants, meeting presenters, and others.
- Ensures that the files on the shared drive and SharePoint are organized, current, and accurate.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree required, preferably in social services or public health-related field
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 1 year of experience working in human services, public health, or federal contracting
Skills: Must be able to organize, track and complete multiple tasks during the work day as priorities change. Key qualifications include initiative, organizational skills, ability to work well in a team, and excellent communication skills (oral and written). A high level of attention to detail.
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite
Location: This position is located onsite in North Bethesda, MD
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: TA management experience
Language: Fluency in a language other than English
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter and resume. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office