Wed, 02/05/2020 - 08:13
Our award-winning IT team is growing, and we are looking for solutions-oriented technology professionals to join us.We are seeking a Software/Java Developer to support our technical team currently developing innovative solutions to manage registration and listing regulated Food and Drug Administration (FDA) products (Food, Drugs, Devices, etc.).The Java developer is expected to work with a variety of tools and technologies including Oracle 12c, Oracle WebLogic, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, jQuery, Apache, Business Objects, and Eclipse IDE.This is an existing project with several modules already in production requiring significant enhancements and O&M support.The Java Developer (junior level) works with the Senior Developers and the Development Lead in Agile development environment to deliver quality code to the for testing and deployment.
***This position is based in Maryland at our client site in Rockville***
Required Qualifications for the Position
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- 1 year of experience as a software developer / software engineer using Java to produce software artifacts using OOP.
- Has developed code in Java SE/EE in a software development environment
- Has used version control software such as TFS and Git, and issue management tools such as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Fluency in English language (both oral and written) and ability to communicate technical details effectively.
- Able to review design and code artifacts for organization, modularity, and sound practices.
- Willingness to learn and apply whatever technology is necessary to fulfill the requirements of JBS and our customers
- Experience using IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio, etc.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
- Creating clean, efficient code with minimal defects to meet customer requirements.
- Participating in design discussions with the software architect and the team to produce comprehensible design documents.
- Reviewing and refactoring existing code to maximize efficiency, performance, modularity and re-usability.
- Performing unit testing on new artifacts and assists with regression testing and test automation to maintain quality software artifacts.
- Participating in the full software development life cycle and adheres to software development practices set by the company and the project.
- Supporting the PM by coordinating planning, development, testing and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Interacting with clients to resolve client requests and working with developers to diagnose any application errors and build out Jira tickets with clearly written acceptance criteria.
What Qualifications Will Put You At The Top?
- Experience with J2EE, Spring, C#, Python, PHP
- Experience supporting technical development projects for Federal Government or Public Health-related clients or organizations is strongly desired.
- Experience with client-side frameworks and technologies such as React, Angular and Bootstrap
- Relevant experience with at least two of the following languages, tools and technologies:
- Oracle 12c, Oracle WebLogic, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, jQuery, Apache, Business Objects, and Eclipse IDE.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the online application. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer byÂ viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Client Site
- Maryland Office