Senior Web Business Analyst
Wed, 11/14/2018 - 12:29
North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm seeks a Senior level Business Analyst to help manage web design and development projects in an agile environment. The BA is responsible for planning and implementing Web site and application design and development tasks to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved for all projects. The BA understands business needs, translates needs into actionable requirements, helps break requirements into tasks and tickets, determines testable acceptance criteria, and prepares relevant documentation. The BA will also support projects by planning and conducting usability and User Experience testing and providing Web analytics reporting. The BA will also serve as the primary point of contact for several feature builds and projects. This position requires strong technology skills and extensive hands-on experience in requirement analysis, testing methodologies, and Web site and application testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interview personnel from functional user area to learn business processes and information requirements for application and development work.
- Analyze business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing functionality as necessary under direction of the Project Manager and/or Tech Lead.
- Support the PM by coordinating planning, development, testing and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Interact with clients to resolve client requests and work with developers to diagnose any application errors and build out Jira tickets with clearly written acceptance criteria.
- Conduct usability and accessibility testing.
- Conduct training sessions.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation on all phases of software development.
- Deliver system walk-throughs and functional training.
- Plan and prioritize testing tasks to meet overall objectives.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple initiatives.
- 3-5 years of experience related to web-based software application development (requirements analysis, design, testing, and documentation)
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience testing for Section 508 compliance.
- Proven experience with quality assurance and Web site testing processes, methodologies, and procedures.
- Solid knowledge of the development, test, release, and support processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to balance high quality standards with demanding schedules.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Resourceful, self-starter, flexible, pro-active, and customer-oriented.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, three references, and salary history.
Documents must be uploaded as ONE file. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Â
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdfÂ Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Religion/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender/Sexual Orientation.
- Maryland Office