Research Associate II (Quantitative)-NCCC Impact Studies
Wed, 09/15/2021 - 11:46
The Research Associate II (RAII) will lead data preparation and quantitative data analysis for research and evaluation projects on national service programs to strengthen these programs responses to community needs. ¬†In this capacity, the RA II will work under Project Directors to manage Research Assistants and Research Associates working on statistical tasks. These tasks include sampling, weighting, data management, statistical analysis, developing reports and presentation. The RA II will proactively seek out ways to support clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided by JBS. The RA II will actively cultivate long-term relationships with existing clients and partners and will also seek out potential new relationships by managing projects with excellence and providing consistently excellent customer service. The RA II will engage in a process of continuous commitment to excellent client relations, as focus on these relationships is one of the primary strategic roles of the position across all areas of his/her/their work. The RA II will be responsible for collaborating with senior staff working on community service programs and model an excellent approach to teamwork. ¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Research and Evaluation Activities
- Lead data collection efforts;
- Develop and monitor data collection plans;¬†
- Lead the development of evaluation tools ‚Äď surveys and other protocols to carry out research and evaluations;¬†
- Develop interviewer training materials and training protocols;
- Lead evaluation research studies on community service programs and education-related topics, as directed;
- Conduct complex research and evaluation studies and designs including multi-site, randomized controlled trials, and quasi experimental studies;
- Provide analytical expertise in inferential statistics, multivariate statistics, and multilevel statistical modeling;
- Provide expertise in survey research and sampling methods including statistical matching procedures;¬†
- Provide expertise for both simple and complex analyses (e.g.,¬†Time Series, Growth Curve Models, Propensity Score Matched Designs and/or Regression Discontinuity Design);
- Conduct data analysis in collaboration with other staff or alone; apply sufficient knowledge of statistical procedures and statistical programming to work independently on statistical analysis;¬†
- Lead data interpretation and publications;
- Lead research and evaluation designs in collaboration with other team members;
- Write memoranda, e-mail correspondence, project documents, reports or sections of reports, literature reviews, and other written documents, in collaboration with other staff or alone;¬†
- Lead the preparation and production of reports and presentations to include graphics, tables, arrangements for printing, etc.
¬†Business Development Support
- Develop plans and proposals in response to federal contract requests;¬†
- Use specialized knowledge of a region or area of expertise to assist senior staff in investigating and developing new business opportunities through review of potential proposal requests, research for networking with other organizations, contacts and recruitment of subject matter experts in the area;
Logistical and Administrative tasks
- Manage projects or lead key tasks, as directed;¬†
- Manage and help manage workshops for clients, as needed;
- Prepare reports, including writing, proofreading, creating graphics or tables, making arrangement for printing, etc.;
- Develop, with other team members, materials for presentation at conferences, seminars, and workshops;
- Handle job tasks with minimal supervision, completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs degree preferably in Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Public Health or a similar field.¬†
Knowledge: ¬†Strong project management background; Must be highly adept at multi-tasking.¬†
Soft Skills:¬†Ability to communicate effectively, ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team. ¬†Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative.¬†
Experience:¬†Six years of relevant experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation in national service program, education or a related field.
Software Proficiency:¬†Experience conducting analysis in SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access, PowerPoint, Alchemer or other online survey services. Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.¬†
Location:¬†Must be able to report to our San Mateo, California office, once it reopens. Remote location is negotiable.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬† ¬†Ph.D. with two years of relevant experience.¬†
Software Proficiency:. Experience in implementation science and its practice applications (e.g., in replicating evidence-based interventions) is a plus. Advanced experience with database development and management using MS Access or other tools and/or familiarity with SQL or SQLPlus is also a plus. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism. ¬†
At this time, we are unable to consider candidates from the following states: AK, AR, HI, IN, NH, OH, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, SD, ND, IA
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
¬†This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office