Research Associate II -Clinical Advancement
Fri, 04/29/2022 - 16:04
JBS International, Inc., a North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm, seeks a mixed methods Research Associate II to join a fast-paced multidisciplinary research team to conduct health and behavioral health-related research and evaluation.
The Research Associate II will apply their analytical expertise to direct research and evaluation activities including leading quantitative and qualitative data collection efforts, data management, statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, report writing, and presentation. The Research Associate II will proactively seek out ways to assist clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided by JBS to the client. This team member will coordinate with the Center Lead to identify and pursue new business opportunities, participate in capture planning, as well as manage proposal development and support collaboration across JBS Centers. The successful candidate will enjoy a collaborative work environment while also having the ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads design of quantitative data collection tools and development analysis plans
- Directs collection and maintenance of project-specific data and operates data entry systems (e.g., MS Access and Excel)
- Oversees extraction of quantitative data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g., surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports, publicly available data sets)
- Leads design and implementation of statistical models for researching problems or questions
- Directs implementation of procedures for data cleaning and data analysis (e.g., codebooks, documentation of analytic procedures)
- Interprets quantitative results
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis using statistical software programs (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Stata, or R) to illustrate results and make them understandable by project staff or clients
- Provides expertise for both simple and complex analyses which may include statistical analyses used for experimental and quasi-experimental designs such as multi-level modeling, structural equation modeling, longitudinal analyses, latent class analysis, etc.
- Directs implementation of qualitative protocols and qualitative instrumentation
- Oversees collection and maintenance of project-specific qualitative data, codes qualitative data, conducts qualitative analysis, and interprets findings
- Directs extraction of qualitative data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g., surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports,)
- Attends project-related meetings
- May give presentations at meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Prepares high-quality materials for clients¬†
- Responds verbally and in writing to questions and concerns
- Leads conversion of data outputs to charts, tables, infographics, and text for use in presentations and reports
- Develops issue briefs, case studies, white papers and other materials to convey study findings, best practices, and recommendations to a wide audience
- Oversees literature searches and synthesis of information for use in the creation of instrumentation.¬†
- In collaboration with Center Lead, supports business development efforts including identifying opportunities, capture planning, as well as proposal development (e.g., drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents).
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs in public health-related field (e.g., Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology) with coursework in statistics.
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience conducting health and/or behavioral health-related research and evaluation including quantitative and qualitative data analysis. Experience conducting literature reviews and synthesizing information for use in the creation of instrumentation.¬†
¬†Knowledge: Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.¬†
¬†Soft Skills: Ability to communicate effectively (orally and written). Ability to work independently or collaboratively with a team. ¬†Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent deadlines.
Software¬†Proficiency: ¬†Experience conducting quantitative analysis in SPSS, SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Alchemer or other online survey services.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†PhD in public health-related field (e.g., Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology) with coursework in statistics.
Software¬†Proficiency: ¬†Proficiency with qualitative data software (e.g., ATLAS.ti). ¬†
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.