Research Associate II
Wed, 06/09/2021 - 08:47
JBS International, Inc., a North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm, seeks a mixed-methods research associate with expertise in quantitative analyses and experience with qualitative analysis to join a fast-paced multidisciplinary research team to provide research support by assisting with data collection and documentation efforts and data analysis and report-writing for a national evaluation of targeted funding to address the opioid epidemic in rural communities.
The Research Associate II will use a high level of attention to detail and organization to play a primary role in quantitative protocol development, conducting quantitative data collection, cleaning and analysis and supporting qualitative data collection, cleaning and analysis. For both types of activities, the research associate will design and implement procedures for document management and tracking and report and presentation development. The successful candidate will take an active role in continually developing/refining procedures and analytic approaches to maintain methodological rigor while maximizing responsiveness to client information needs. The successful candidate will enjoy a collaborative work environment while also having the ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs quantitative data collection and develops analysis plans
- Collects and maintains project-specific data and operates data entry systems (e.g. MS Access and Excel)
- Assists with the extraction of data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g. CMS data, surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports, publicly available data sets)
- Develops and uses procedures for data cleaning and data analysis
- Assists with the design and implementation of statistical models for researching problems or questions
- Interprets quantitative results
- Validates quality of data elements/data editing
- Proactively uncovers and resolves data and calculation issues
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis with minimal supervision
- Researches and develops analytical tools to address issues, trends, patterns, and relationships in the data that provide answers to questions posed by project administrators, staff, or clients
- Conducts data analysis using SPSS syntax or other statistical software programs to illustrate results and make them understandable by project staff or clients
- Provides expertise for both simple and complex analyses which may include statistical analyses used for experimental and quasi-experimental designs such as multi-level modeling, structural equation modeling, longitudinal analyses, latent class analysis, etc.
- Qualitative: Assists with or helps lead qualitative activities including
- Designs and implements qualitative protocols
- Designs qualitative instrumentation
- Designs and implements site visit protocols
- Collects and maintains project-specific qualitative data, codes qualitative data, conducts qualitative analysis and interprets findings
- Assists with the extraction of data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g.- surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports, etc.)
- Conducts site visits
- Attends project-related meetings
- As requested, serves as a representative for the project in workgroups
- May give presentations at meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Prepares high-quality materials for clients (e.g., reports, PowerPoint presentations)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Responds verbally and in writing as needed to questions and concerns
- Converts data outputs to charts, tables, infographics, and text for use in presentations and reports
- Develops issue briefs, case studies, white papers and other materials to convey study findings, best practices, and recommendations to a wide audience
- Conducts literature reviews and synthesizes information for use in protocols
- Supports business development efforts including capture planning as well as proposal development (e.g., drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents, (e.g. staffing, understanding, and technical sections as well as budget development)).
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor‚Äôs degree required; preferably in research and evaluation, statistics, psychology, or public health-related field.
Language: English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience: 5 years of research and evaluation experience with an emphasis on the analytic packages of SPSS (or R) (e.g., syntax writing/coding, descriptive statistics, correlations, t-tests) to proficiency. Specific experience conducting analysis of CMS data (Medicare). 5 years of experience collecting and analyzing quantitative data.
Knowledge: Ability to communicate research and evaluation findings clearly to a variety of audiences both orally and in writing. Knowledge of substance use disorders, behavioral health, or rural health.
Soft Skills: ¬†Ability to communicate effectively, Ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team.¬† Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.¬†
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), data analytic software (SPSS (or R) and/or Atlas.ti), data visualization software.
Location: North Bethesda, MD headquarters or Remote.¬†
Experience: Experience conducting literature reviews and synthesizing information for use in the creation of instrumentation.
Knowledge: Understanding of Medicare Free for Service program and its data.¬†¬†
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.¬† Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the online application.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office