Research Associate I (Mixed Methods)-NCCC Impact Studies
Wed, 09/15/2021 - 12:40
The Research Associate I (RAI) will apply their quantitative and qualitative expertise to research and evaluation projects on national service programs to strengthen these programs responses to community needs. ¬†The RA I will support data collection efforts, data management, statistical analysis, report writing and presentation. The RA I will proactively seek out ways to assist clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided by JBS to the client. The RA I will actively cultivate long-term relationships with existing clients and partners and will also seek out potential new relationships by managing projects with excellence and providing consistently excellent customer service. The RA I will engage in a process of continuous commitment to excellent client relations, as focus on these relationships is one of the primary strategic roles of the position across all areas of his/her/their work. The RA I will be responsible for working well with senior staff working on community service programs and model an excellent approach to teamwork. ¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Research and Evaluation Activities
- Collaborate with colleagues in carrying out data collection efforts;
- Review and monitor data collection plans,¬†
- Participate with colleagues in the development of evaluation tools ‚Äď surveys and other protocols to carry out research and evaluations;¬†
- Assist in developing interviewer training materials and training protocols;
- Conduct evaluation research studies on community service programs and education-related topics, as directed;
- Enter, clean, process, manipulate and analyze quantitative data as part of the evaluation team;¬†
- Provide expertise for both simple and complex analyses;
- Experience with inclusive research and evaluation philosophies and approaches such as community-based participatory research¬†
- Conduct data analysis in collaboration with other staff or alone; apply sufficient knowledge of statistical procedures and statistical programming to work independently on statistical analysis;¬†
- Support qualitative data collection including interviews and focus groups
- Assist with cleaning and analyzing qualitative data using qualitative analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti) ¬†
- Contribute to data interpretation and publications;
- Contribute to research and evaluation designs in collaboration with other team members;
- Write memoranda, e-mail correspondence, project documents, reports or sections of reports, literature reviews, and other written documents, in collaboration with other staff or alone;¬†
- Contribute to preparation and production of reports and presentations to include graphics, tables, arrangements for printing, etc.
¬†Business Development Support
- Assist in the development of new business areas;
- Contribute to the development of proposals;¬†
- Use specialized knowledge of a region or area of expertise to assist senior staff in investigating and developing new business opportunities through review of potential proposal requests, research for networking with other organizations, contacts and recruitment of subject matter experts in the area;
¬†Logistical and Administrative tasks
- Manage projects or lead key tasks, as directed;¬†
- Manage and help manage workshops for clients, as needed;
- Prepare reports, including writing, proofreading, creating graphics or tables, making arrangement for printing, etc.;
- Assist other team members with formatting and packaging proposals and deliverables;
- Assist with consultant recruitment, contract processing, and logistical planning;¬†
- Develop, with other team members, materials for presentation at conferences, seminars, and workshops;
- Handle job tasks with minimal supervision, completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs degree o preferably in Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Public Health or a similar field.¬†
Knowledge: ¬†Strong project management background; Must be highly adept at multi-tasking.¬†
Soft Skills:¬†Ability to communicate effectively, ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team. ¬†Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative.¬†
Experience:¬†Three years of relevant experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation in national service program, education or a related field.
Software Proficiency:¬†Experience conducting analysis in SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access, PowerPoint, Alchemer or other online survey services. Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.¬†
Location:¬†Must be able to report to our San Mateo, California office, once it reopens. Remote location is negotiable.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬† Ph.D. with one year of relevant experience.¬†
Software Proficiency¬†Experience conducting qualitative data collection (interviews, focus groups) and qualitative analysis using qualitative analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti). Advanced experience with database development and management using MS Access or other tools and/or familiarity with SQL or SQLPlus is also a plus. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism.¬†
¬†At this time, we are unable to consider candidates from the following states: AK, AR, HI, IN, NH, OH, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, SD, ND, IA
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office