Research Associate I - CDC NCFH
Tue, 06/08/2021 - 19:58
The Research Associate I (RA I) will oversee a rapid assessment of farmworkers funded by National Center for Farmworker Health and any new relevant projects as they arise.
The RA I will bring a rigorous yet practical approach to assessing what works and what does not work in surveying farmworkers. The RA I will support data collection efforts, data quality and management, statistical analysis, report writing and presentation. The RA I will proactively seek out ways to assist clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided by JBS to the client.¬†
The RA I will actively cultivate long-term relationships with existing clients and partners and will also seek out potential new relationships by managing projects with excellence and providing consistently excellent customer service. The RA I will engage in a process of continuous commitment to excellent client relations, as focus on these relationships is one of the primary strategic roles of the position across all areas of work. The RA I will be responsible for working well with junior and senior staff working on the project and will model an excellent approach to teamwork.¬†¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Research and Evaluation Activities
- Collaborate with colleagues in carrying out data collection efforts;
- Review and monitor data collection plans and their implementation,¬†
- Participate with colleagues in the development of surveys and other protocols to carry out research and evaluations;¬†
- Assist in developing interviewer training materials and training protocols;
- Conduct evaluation/research studies as directed;
- Clean, process, manipulate and analyze quantitative data as part of the evaluation team;¬†
- Provide expertise for both simple and complex statistical analyses);
- Conduct data analysis in collaboration with other staff or alone; apply knowledge of statistical procedures and statistical programming to work independently on statistical analysis;¬†
- Contribute to data interpretation and publications;
- Contribute to research and evaluation designs in collaboration with other team members;
- Write memoranda, e-mail correspondence, project documents, reports or sections of reports, literature reviews, and other written documents, in collaboration with other staff or alone;¬†
- Contribute to preparation and production of reports and presentations to include graphics, tables, arrangements for printing, etc.
Business Development Support
- Assist in the development of new business areas;
- Contribute to the development of proposals;¬†
- Use specialized knowledge of a region or area of expertise to assist senior staff in investigating and developing new business opportunities through review of potential proposal requests, research for networking with other organizations, contacts and recruitment of international specialists in the area;
Logistical and Administrative tasks
- Manage projects or lead key tasks, as directed;¬†
- Manage and help manage workshops for clients, as needed;
- Prepare reports, to include writing, proofreading, creating graphics or tables, making arrangement for printing, etc.;
- Assist with consultant recruitment, contract processing, and logistical planning;¬†
- Develop, with other team members, materials for presentation at conferences, seminars, and workshops;
- Handle job tasks with minimal supervision, completing them in an accurate and timely manner
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†English and Spanish fluency¬†¬†
Education/Experience:¬†Master‚Äôs degree with 6 years of relevant experience or B.A. with 15 years of relevant experience preferably in Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Public Health or a similar field.¬†
Knowledge: ¬†Must have strong project management background..¬†
Soft Skills:¬†Key qualifications include the ability to both take the initiative and work well in a team, high levels of organization and excellent communication skills (oral and written). Must be highly adept at multi-tasking.
Cultural Competency¬†with Spanish-speaking immigrants preferably farmworkers.¬†
Additional Experience:¬†10+ years experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation in health, population studies or a related field. Survey management experience. Preparation of IRB submissions.
Software Proficiency:¬†10+ years experience conducting analysis in SAS, Proficiency in MS Excel, Access and Word (especially graph and table proficiency), Power Point, Alchemer or other online survey services. Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS: ¬†
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the candidate also has experience with:¬†
Software Proficiency:¬†Mapping software such as Tableau or ARCGIS
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
At this time, we are unable to consider candidates from the following states: AK, AR, HI, IN, NH, OH, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, SD, ND, IA
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. All applications must be receivied via the JBS ATS, emailed resumes will not be reviewed.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer‚Äďminorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- California Office