Research Associate I
Thu, 09/05/2019 - 18:47
JBS International seeks a Research Associate I to work from our Burlingame, CA office or remotely. The Research Associate I (RA I) position is responsible for carrying out research and evaluation activities related to community service programs funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service, including new projects as they arise. The Research Associate I has the opportunity to engage in and develop skills in cutting edge mixed method research studies, performing complex analysis and learning about national service programs. The employee will also assist in developing high impact and visible research reports that inform policy and improve national service programs.¬†
The RA I will carry out quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation projects. The RA I will support data collection efforts, data management, statistical analysis, report writing and presentation. The RA I will proactively seek out ways to assist clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided by JBS to the client. The RA I will actively cultivate long-term relationships with existing clients and partners and will also seek out potential new relationships by managing projects with excellence and providing consistently excellent customer service. The RA I will engage in a process of continuous commitment to excellent client relations, as focus on these relationships is one of the primary strategic roles of the position across all areas of his/her work. The RA I will be responsible for working well with senior staff working on community service programs and model an excellent approach to teamwork.¬†¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Research and Evaluation Activities
- Collaborate with colleagues in carrying out data collection efforts;
- Review and monitor data collection plans;
- Participate with colleagues in the development of evaluation tools ‚Äď surveys and other protocols to carry out research and evaluations;
- Assist in developing interviewer training materials and training protocols;
- Conduct research and evaluation studies on community service programs and education-related topics, as directed;
- Enter, clean, process, manipulate and analyze quantitative data as part of the evaluation team;
- Provide expertise for both simple and complex analyses (e.g., experimental and quasi experimental design for approaches including Time Series, Growth Curve Models, Propensity Score Matched Designs and/or Regression Discontinuity Design);
- Conduct data analysis in collaboration with other staff or alone; apply sufficient knowledge of statistical procedures and statistical programming to work independently on statistical analysis;
- Support qualitative data collection including interviews and focus groups;
- Assist with cleaning and analyzing qualitative data using qualitative analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti);
- Contribute to data interpretation and publications;
- Contribute to research and evaluation designs in collaboration with other team members;
- Write memoranda, e-mail correspondence, project documents, reports or sections of reports, literature reviews, and other written documents, in collaboration with other staff or alone;
- Contribute to preparation and production of reports and presentations to include graphics, tables, arrangements for printing, etc.
Business Development Support
- Assist in the development of new business areas;
- Contribute to the development of proposals, including formatting and packaging proposals and deliverables;
- Use specialized knowledge of a region or area of expertise to assist senior staff in investigating and developing new business opportunities through review of potential proposal requests, research for networking with other organizations, contacts and recruitment of subject matter experts.
Logistical and Administrative tasks
- Manage or lead key tasks, as directed;
- Manage and help manage workshops for clients, as needed;
- Prepare reports, to include writing, proofreading, creating graphics or tables, making arrangement for printing, etc.;
- Assist with consultant recruitment, contract processing, and logistical planning;
- Develop, with other team members, materials for presentation at conferences, seminars, and workshops;
- Handle job tasks with minimal supervision, completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs degree with four years of experience or Ph.D. with one year of experience preferably in Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Public Health or a similar field.
Knowledge:¬†Strong project management background; must be highly adept at multi-tasking. Key qualifications include initiative, organizational skills, ability to work well in a team, and excellent communication skills (oral and written).
Experience:¬†Experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation in national service program, education or a related field.
Software Proficiency:¬†Experience conducting analysis in SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, Access and Word (especially graph and table proficiency), Power Point, SurveyMonkey, SurveyGizmo or other online survey services. Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods. ‚ÄÉ
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience:¬†In addition to the minimum qualifications, the candidate also has experience in qualitative research using Atlas.ti or other qualitative data analysis software. Previous work in a multi-cultural environment a plus. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism a plus.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office