Research Assistant IV
Thu, 03/11/2021 - 11:12
The ASAM Research and Coordination Support for the Development of Clinical Decision Rules: Addiction Treatment in CJ Setting project activities include conducting a literature review and environmental scan to inform the development of updated and expanded clinical decision rules related to treating addiction in CJ settings as well as managing and executing a modified RAND/UCLA Appropriateness Method (RAM) process tailored to the development of clinical decision rules for this population.¬† JBS is collaborating with ASAM to develop an implementation guide for the ASAM Criteria Implementation with specific activities including (1) developing an outline for the guide, (2) developing tools and cases to be included in the guide through a series of focus groups, and (3) drafting text for the guide based on the outline and selected tools and cases.
The BCBSSC Diabetes Free South Carolina project is intended to improve pregnancy outcomes in women who have diabetes, reduce lifelong risk of diabetes in children, and prevent diabetes and its complications in adults. JBS will support this effort by developing a strategic communications campaign grounded in formative research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and participate in data collection activities.
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Create online surveys using online survey platforms (e.g., SurveyMonkey, Alchemer).
- Initiate development of client-ready written materials.
- Conduct formative research activities (e.g., environmental scans, listening sessions, focus groups) and contribute to development of a multi-year communications plan, in close coordination with Project Director.
- Conduct literature searches and reviews and compile information from various sources (e.g., peer-reviewed literature; Federal agency and other organization web sites).
- Planning and support for client and stakeholder meetings (e.g., meeting invitations, agendas), attend meetings, and prepare meeting summaries.
- Programmatic coordination, including budget tracking and monitoring.
- Collaborate with team members on relevant tasks, as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor‚Äôs degree in social sciences,
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of research and evaluation experience and the ability to support qualitative and quantitative data analysis (e.g., data cleaning, data entry)
Soft Skills: Ability to plan, organize and pay attention to detail; excellent time management skills; and ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
Software Proficiency: Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: Knowledge of behavioral health, evaluation methodology, and data analytic procedures preferred.
Software Proficiency: Experience using online survey platforms preferred.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
At this time, we are unable to consider candidates from the following states: AK, AR, HI, IN, NH, OH, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, SD, ND, IA
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.