Research Assistant III
Thu, 09/05/2019 - 18:30
The Research Assistant III (RA III) position will support research and evaluation activities related to community service programs funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service, a federal agency, including new projects as they arise. The Research Assistant III will have the opportunity to hone their skills in survey and mixed methods research, and improve their analysis skills using complex data.¬†
The RA III will support data collection, data management, project coordination, report writing and presentations. The RA III will recruit and maintain contact with survey participants, prepare data for analysis, conduct data analysis, and prepare tables and graphs for reports and presentations; retrieve documents, literature, and data for reports, memos and presentations; assist with the preparation and distribution of publications which may include design, layout, and copy-editing presentations or other printed materials. Tasks may also include maintaining and monitoring project work plans, timelines and schedules for data collection efforts; attending and preparing summary project meeting notes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support Data Collection Efforts
- Recruit study participants from diverse youth and adult populations.
- Collaborate with community service programs to identify potential participants.
- Initiate and maintain contact with current and potential study participants.
- Maintain database in MS Access or similar relational database.
- Collect, administer and organize survey data, federal and other sources.
- Assist paper or online survey development and tracking.
- Assist with qualitative data (e.g., interviews, focus groups) and provide logistical support.
- With the oversight of the Project Director, coordinate and oversee the maintenance of data dictionaries; reviewing their completeness and accuracy. Maintain consistency and comparability of data over time.
- With oversight of the Project Director or senior staff, code qualitative data and check coded data for accuracy.
- Enter/import data from multiple sources into MS Access databases and Excel spreadsheets.
- Create brief summaries of technical reports and documents for entry into project databases.
- Conduct data cleaning, formatting, labeling, and archiving.
- Prepare datasets for statistical analysis (e.g. meta-analysis; multi-level models; longitudinal data analysis).
- Prepare qualitative data for analysis.
- With oversight of Project Director, monitor and maintain project work plans and timelines.
- Maintain project records and documentation.
- Assist Project Director in preparing monthly reports, agendas, and summary project meeting notes.
- Assist with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including performing or overseeing routine data checks.
- With oversight of Project Director, develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date data files and perform data analysis as needed for other projects.
- Create tables and graphs for reports and presentations as needed.
- Retrieve and compile documents, literature, resources, and data for methodological memos, reports and presentations.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of methodological memos, methodological reports and other documents.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of publications, which may include basic design, layout, and copy-editing presentations or other printed materials.
Assist in Other Project Services as Necessary
- When necessary, run MS Access queries, or generate reports in response to data information requests.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs Degree plus 4 years‚Äô experience in a similar position or Master‚Äôs Degree with 1 year experience required, preferably in Economics, Sociology, Community Psychology, Public Health, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences or a similar field.
Experience:¬†Key qualifications include initiative, ability to handle one‚Äôs workload efficiently and deliver work products in a timely manner as agreed upon with the project team, ability to work well in a team, and excellent communication skills (oral and written). Knowledge of research and evaluation design, and survey methods. Must be highly adept at handling multiple priorities.
Software Proficiency:¬†Demonstrate knowledge of SAS, Stata, or R (one year of statistical courses in college using SAS, Stata or R is acceptable in lieu of work experience using those software programs). Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, MSWord, and Power Point (especially graph and table proficiency). Proficiency with SurveyMonkey, SurveyGizmo or similar online survey services.¬†
Location:¬†This position is located in Burlingame, California. This is not a telecommuting opportunity.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience:¬†In addition to the minimum qualifications, the ideal candidate will have advanced experience performing statistical analysis with SAS; and familiarity with qualitative data collection (interviews, focus groups) and qualitative analysis using qualitative analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti) is a plus. Advanced experience with database development and management using MS Access or other tools and/or familiarity with SQL is also a plus. Previous work in a multi-cultural environment. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office