Research Assistant II (RCORP)
Thu, 05/20/2021 - 14:26
JBS International, Inc., a North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm, seeks a research assistant to join fast-paced multidisciplinary research team to provide research support by assisting with data collection and data preparation for analysis, running basic analyses with supervision, and drafting sections of reports for a national evaluation of funding to address the opioid epidemic in rural communities.
The Research Assistant II (RA II) will support research and evaluation activities for the RCORP Evaluation funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), a federal agency, and other projects as they arise. The successful candidate will enjoy a collaborative work environment while also having ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:¬†¬†
- Assists with quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Collects and maintains project-specific data and operates data entry systems
- Extracts data from primary and/or secondary data sources (e.g.- surveys, performance measure databases, progress reports, etc.)¬†
- Conducts basic cleaning or descriptive analyses using SPSS syntax (or Atlas.ti for qualitative data) under supervision¬†
- Attends project-related meetings and assists Project Manager in preparing monthly reports, agendas, and notes for project meetings.¬†
- Assists with the preparation of high-quality materials with supervision (e.g., reports, PowerPoint presentations)
- Converts data outputs to tables, figures, and infographics for reports and presentations
- Checks data outputs against completed tables and figures for accuracy
- Assists with the development of presentations and reports
- Supports the development of issue briefs, case studies, and other materials to convey study findings, best practices, and recommendations to a wide audience
- Helps with the design, layout, and copy-editing of presentations or other printed materials.¬†
- Conducts literature reviews and synthesizes information for use in protocols and reports
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor‚Äôs degree in social sciences or related field
Language: English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience: 2 years of research and evaluation experience including literature reviews, data collection (survey distribution) and data preparation. Experience with quantitative analysis. Statistical courses in college using SPSS or R is acceptable in lieu of work experience using those software programs. Experiences can include employment, internships, practicum placements, and/or work study in college labs.
Knowledge: Knowledge of research methods and behavioral health.
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
Location: North Bethesda, MD headquarters or Philadelphia Metro area.¬†¬†
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:¬†
Experience: Experience conducting qualitative data collection (e.g., interviews or focus groups) and preparing qualitative data for analysis.
Knowledge: Knowledge of substance use disorders, opioid use disorders, and rural health
Software Proficiency: Data analytic (SPSS and/or Atlas.ti), data collection (Alchemer ‚Äď formerly Survey Gizmo), and data visualization (e.g.,¬†Tableau)¬†software.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. ¬†Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the online application.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office