Research Assistant II (PT) California
Tue, 11/05/2019 - 13:43
JBS is searching for a part-time (15-20 hours per week) Research Assistant II for our Burlingame, California office. The Research Assistant II (RA II) will perform data entry, call survey participants and conduct telephone interviews, and provide logistical support to schedule focus groups and interviews with study participants for multiple Corporation for National and Community Service projects, a federal agency. The RA II position is important because it ensures complete and accurate collection and coding of survey data and provides administrative support for data collection (e.g. record keeping, logistical support) to help make the project successful.¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support Data Collection Efforts
- Enter data into an Access database and check entered data for accuracy.¬†
- Monitor survey administration.¬†
- Contact survey participants to conduct phone interviews to collect data.¬†
- Review questionnaires for completeness and quality.¬†
- Track survey participants completion status in an Access database.¬†
- Organize and provide logistical support for data collection (e.g., interviews and focus groups) data administration timeline and schedules.¬†
- With oversight of the Project Director or senior staff code data, and check coded data for accuracy, and assist with other tasks as needed by the projects.
- Data management: Data cleaning, formatting, labeling, and archiving.
- Project Coordination: Maintain project records and documentation.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS¬†
Education:¬†High school diploma¬†
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience:¬†A minimum of 1 year working in an office environment or in a research institution.¬†
Skills:¬†Demonstrates strong attention to detail; well organized; can determine priority of assigned tasks with minimal guidance and can manage time to ensure tasks are completed on time and at the expected level of quality. Works well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and can also work independently and without extensive supervision. Can handle multiple tasks at various stages and has the flexibility needed to adjust to last-minute requests for information and changing priorities or procedures. Takes initiative; asks questions when appropriate to do so. Takes a proactive approach to problem solving. Is verbally articulate and clear in oral and written communication. Anticipates potential project risks and implements plans to avoid them.¬†
Software Proficiency:¬†Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).¬†
Location:¬†Must be able to report to our Burlingame, CA office.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Experience:¬†Previous experience in data collection and data processing preferred.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you meet the minimum qualifications above, please submit a resume and cover letter via the APPLY button below. Please note, emailed resumes will not be accepted.
- California Office