Research Assistant II
Thu, 09/19/2019 - 19:30
JBS International's Burlingame, California office has a FT position available for a Research Assistant II. The main focus of this Research Assistant II position is providing support for field data collection activities for the National Agricultural Workers Survey. This includes logistic support, daily phone support, sending and receiving field materials, tracking survey items and related tasks. This position involves extensive teamwork with managers, other research assistants and project staff, including trouble shooting issues for our interviewers traveling all over the United States. The position's responsibilities include performing data quality tasks such as reviewing questionnaires and entering data. As needed, there may be opportunities to perform related tasks on other projects.
¬†ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:¬†
- Assist in handling daily phone calls from interviewers.
- Assist with travel arrangements including booking flights and rental cars and preparing itineraries.
- Assist in preparing packages sent to interviewers for data collection trips.
- Log in and process packages received from interviewers.
- Enter data on interviewer performance into Interviewer Trip Tracking system.
- Participate in survey quality control process as directed.
- Contact staff when reviewing field assignments.
- Review grower list addresses before¬†being sent to field staff.
- Select sample surveys for feedback.¬†
- As needed, review and approve expense accounts before approval by Field Manager or Project Director.
- As needed, review timesheets (and inform Field Manager or Project Director about any issues).
- As needed, process honoraria requests and transmission reports.
- Code data from data collection instruments into MS Access.
- Review completed questionnaires for completeness and quality.¬†
- Review and update employer lists.
- Assist in data cleaning.
- Scan information from field and other documents.¬†
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†Spanish/English fluency (spoken and read) required.
Education:¬†HS diploma required.
Experience:¬†Five years‚Äô experience (including at least some office work) required.
Software Proficiency:¬†Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†College coursework, AA or BA/BS a plus.
Experience:¬†Previous experience in data collection and data processing preferred. Experience working in/with minority or hard to reach communities or evaluation/research fields a plus.
**This job is located in Burlingame, CA**
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this role, please click on the ‚ÄúApply‚ÄĚ link posted below and submit a cover letter and resume.¬†All applications must come through our Applicant Tracking System in order to be considered.¬†If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office