Research Assistant II
Mon, 04/29/2019 - 15:06
JBS International has a full time Research Assistant position available on one of our longest running projects, the National Agricultural Workers Survey (NAWS)!¬†
The Research Assistant II makes a difference by supporting our interviewers who are collecting data to ensure that they are successful by providing logistic support, ensuring they have the supplies they need and talking with them daily to learn of their progress and to trouble shoot issues that may arise so they can better do their jobs. The RA II also is involved in ensuring that the data we use is of the highest quality by reviewing questionnaires and catching interviewer mistakes and by entering the data accurately and safeguarding that it is as clean as possible.
All about the Research Assistant II role:
The Research Assistant II position is for someone who wants to make a difference, knows that the quality of their work matters, enjoys working as a team, has good communication skills and a possesses a good sense of humor. The main focus of this Research Assistant II position is providing support for field data collection activities for the National Agricultural Workers Survey. This includes logistic support, daily phone support, sending and receiving field materials, tracking survey items and related tasks. This position involves teamwork with managers and other research assistants and project staff. In addition, the position includes performing data quality tasks such as reviewing questionnaires and entering data. As needed, there may be opportunities to perform related tasks on other projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in handling daily phone calls from interviewers.
- Assist with travel arrangements including booking flights and rental cars and preparing itineraries.
- Assist in preparing packages sent to interviewers for data collection trips.
- Log in and process packages received from interviewers.
- Enter data on interviewer performance into Interviewer Trip Tracking system.
- Participate in survey quality control process as directed.
- Contact staff when reviewing field assignments.
- Review grower list addresses before being sent to field staff.
- Select sample surveys for feedback.¬†
- As needed, review and approve expense accounts before approval by Field Manager or Project Director.
- As needed, review timesheets (and inform Field Manager or Project Director about any issues).
- As needed, process honoraria requests and transmission reports.
- Code data from data collection instruments into MS Access.
- Review completed questionnaires for completeness and quality.
- Review and update employer lists.
- Assist in data cleaning.
- Scan information from field and other documents.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†Spanish/English fluency (spoken and read) required.
Education:¬†HS diploma required.¬†
Experience:¬†Five years‚Äô experience including office work required.
Software Proficiency:¬†Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†College coursework, AA or BA/BS.
Experience:¬†Previous experience in data collection and data processing preferred. Experience working in/with minority or hard to reach communities or evaluation/research fields.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this role, please click on the ‚ÄúApply‚ÄĚ link posted below and submit a cover letter and resume. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office