Research Assistant I (Communications)
Thu, 06/27/2019 - 16:55
JBS International, Inc. seeks a Research Assistant I (Communications) for its North Bethesda, MD office to provide research, evaluation, and communications support across Federal health and human services contracts and assist with effective project implementation. Projects include the following:
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)â€”NIDAMED Initiative. This project focuses on bringing science-based information about addiction to medical health professionals.Â
- Health Resources and Services Administration Maternal and Child Health Bureau 21st Century Cures Act Program Evaluationâ€”This project is an evaluation of programs aiming to provide access to behavioral health care for pediatric and maternal populations. The programs support behavioral health integration in primary care and maternal health through improved and additional telehealth access programs, with a focus on rural and underserved areas.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)--Public Engagement Platform Project. This project focuses on preparing and delivering email communications about substance abuse and mental health topics from SAMHSA to its subscribers via weekly communications.Â
- The purpose of this position is to assist project staff with daily tasks for the projects listed above. The tasks center on communications, research, and evaluation activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate and monitor implementation of administrative procedures and practices, including reviewing and submitting invoices for approval.
- Provide meeting support including drafting meeting agendas; scheduling and attending meetings; note-taking; and preparing meeting summaries.
- Assist team-members with scheduling and running webinars.
- Assist with the development of research reports and presentations including creating tables, graphs, and other visuals, writing up study results, and assisting with the preparation and distribution of reports and presentations.Â
- Draft emails and related communications for health care providers and program directors/principal investigators to encourage data collection.
- Develop draft promotion materials (e.g., short emails, social media posts, website content) for medical health professionals to promote science-based resources and initiatives on addiction.
- Prepare and send test e-Blasts using existing/approved content, through an e-blast platform (e.g., GovDelivery/Survey Monkey); Prepare reports on email deliveries. Training will be provided for this task
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Junior or Senior college student pursuing a bachelorâ€™s degree in Social Sciences, Health Communications, Communications, Public Health, Policy, and/or Statistics.Â
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: College experience, coursework, or previous work/internship experience with note-taking, research-report writing, and drafting emails/promotional copy.
Skills: Strong problem solving, analysis, communication, and teamwork skills. Excellent organization and time management skills. Ability to write clearly and concise copy with attention to detail and target audience focus.
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Location: North Bethesda, MDÂ
Please note:Â This is a temporary, 40 hour per week position. Expected to go through August/September.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Graduate student pursuing an advanced degree in Social Sciences, Health Communications, Public Health, Policy, and/or Statistics.
Experience: Experience supporting communication and/or research/evaluation projects. Federal contracting experience (including Health and Human Services). Experience developing social media content. Experience running webinars.
Software Proficiency: Experience with Gov Delivery, MailChimp, WebEx, Adobe Connect, and/or Canva
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office