Research Analyst II
Thu, 03/07/2019 - 16:02
JBS International, Inc., a North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm, seeks a mixed-methods analyst to join fast-paced multidisciplinary research team to provide research support by assisting with data collection and documentation efforts and data analysis and report-writing for prevalence and need estimation, national evaluation, and impact analysis of funding appropriated to address the opioid epidemic.
The Research Analyst will use a high level of attention to detail and organization to play a key role in managing: a) quantitative and qualitative data collection; b) data cleaning and analysis; c) document management and tracking; and d) reporting writing and presentation. The successful candidate will take an active role in continually developing/refining procedures and analytic approaches to maintain methodological rigor while maximizing responsiveness to client information needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative data collection using SAS, Stata, SPSS, Atlas.ti, MAXQDA, Access, and Excel
- Collects and maintains project-specific data and operates data entry systems
- Extracts data from primary and/or secondary data sources
- Interprets quantitative and qualitative data and designs statistical models for researching problems or questions
- Develops and uses procedures for data cleaning and data analysis
- Proactively uncovers and resolves data and calculation issues
- Validates quality of data elements/data editing
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis with supervision
- Researches and develops analytical tools to address issues, trends, patterns, and relationships in the data that provide answers to questions posed by project administrators, staff, or clients
- Conducts data analysis using statistical software programs to illustrate results and make them understandable by project staff or clients
- Attends project-related meetings
- As requested, serves as a representative on project and in workgroups
- May give presentations at meetings, trainings, and conferences
- For specific tasks, support project teams by leading meetings, taking notes and creating transcripts, heading email communications as a point of contact with clients
- Assist with preparation of high-quality materials for clients (e.g., reports, PowerPoint presentations)
- Responds verbally and in writing as needed to questions and concerns
- Converts data outputs to viewable form for analyses and presentations
- Presents findings in coherent, thoughtful, and interesting manner, in writing and verbally
- Assist with preparation of client-ready analysis and findings reports for a variety of audiences. Drafted sections will include methods (including data description and analysis details/procedures), results, and conclusions
- Develop report outlines in coordination with the project director or manager
- Provide feedback to senior researchers regarding progress/status
- Monitor tasks and deliverables for contract compliance:
- Maintain project work plans and timelines
- Maintain project records and documentation
- Assist preparing monthly reports or other project logistics
- Support business proposal development efforts drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents, (e.g. staffing, understanding, and technical sections)
Minimum Job Qualifications
Education: Masters‚Äô degree
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of research and evaluation experience including the utilization of analytic packages of at least one of the following: Stata, SPSS or SAS. Proficiency with descriptive statistics, correlations, t-tests, running queries, building databases, reviewing and coding. Experience managing data collection efforts.
Knowledge: Ability to communicate research and evaluation findings clearly to a variety of audiences both orally and in writing.¬†¬†
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail; well organized; can determine priority of assigned tasks with minimal guidance and can manage time to ensure tasks are completed on time and at the expected level of quality
- Works well with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner; functions well as a member of a team and can also work independently and without extensive supervision; follows chain of command to address personnel or management concerns
- Can handle multiple tasks at various stages and has the flexibility needed to adjust to last-minute requests for information and changing priorities or procedures
- Takes initiative; asks questions when appropriate to do so
- Takes a proactive approach to problem solving
- Is verbally articulate and clear in oral and written communication
Software Proficiency: Experience in at least one of the following: Stata, SPSS, or SAS.¬†
Location: North Bethesda, MD, Burlingame, CA or Remote ¬†¬†
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge: Understanding of substance use disorders; specifically, opioid use disorder.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email¬†email@example.com¬†to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- California Office
- Maryland Office