Records Management Analyst I
Mon, 06/22/2020 - 14:40
Records Management Analyst I will support our technical team currently developing innovative record management solutions for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The Records Management Analyst I uses experience and knowledge of records management to implement best practices, ensure compliance with National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) regulations, as well as ensure JBS follows federal legislative mandates around records keeping. Daily responsibilities will include the execution of the Records Management process as defined by the Records Management Analyst III and client SME. This position is based at JBS client site and will work under the direction of our clientâ€™s lead technical staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Records Analyst I supports all tasks related to the completion of the Records Management Project.
- Provides coordination and support to assist Records Management SME and Records Officer in implementing records management activities across the organization.
- Conducts records disposition activities, including completion of NARA Standard Form 115.
- Provides support in records management program activities, including updating the agency records schedule, records inventory, and file plan.
- Assists the Records Officer with processing records management life cycle activities including legal holds and audits; implement transfer of physical and legal custody of permanent records to NARA.Â
- Provides guidance to agency staff by reviewing their records inventory, analyzing, and make recommendations on compliance with NARA GRS.
- Manage the update and maintenance of the agencyâ€™s records control schedule
- Track changes in NARA GRS to discern impacts to agency records schedule.
- Assist in records ppraisal for content type retention schedules, and support help desk responses, as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Â Bachelorâ€™s Degree or combination of relevant education/experience required.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance.Â Â Active Public Trust preferred.
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting and coordinating records management activities.
Knowledge: Basic knowledge of records management (physical and electronic) and technical writing strengths to develop documents and procedures
Software Proficiency:Â Experience with MS Office Applications including MS Project and/or Visio, SharePoint, awareness of Email Records Management.
Location: Rockville, MD (Client Site)
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office