Project Manager-Child Welfare
Fri, 06/25/2021 - 07:57
The¬†Project Manager will also work closely with the Project Director and Subject Matter Experts in child welfare to provide day-to-day management of project activities. The Project Manager will support the completion of a literature review and environmental scan to determine effective models of practice designed to improve the child welfare system and permanency planning. The Project Manager will support activities including the development of educational materials to disseminate findings of the literature review and environmental scan. The Project Manager will facilitate and manage a team of experts in the development of a specific work plan for TA/Capacity Building support, and manage the completion of the work plan.
The Project Manager will support the evaluation team members in partnering to develop evaluation materials and support the timely completion of evaluation activities.¬†
The Project Manager serves as the point person for the assigned project and is ultimately responsible for ensuring the timely completion of tasks with the highest quality standards. The project manager will provide direct TA and Capacity building as needed, serve as the liaison between the pilot sites and the Project Director, and participate as a team member in planning for the successful implementation of the projects.¬†
This position requires knowledge pertaining to child welfare systems, workforce development, research/evaluation methodology, and disparities amongst children, youth and families served by the child welfare system.¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
As a member of the team, the Project Manager will:
- Lead project activities related to development and marketing of materials.¬†
- Partner with co-workers to create and finalize the literature review and environmental scan process.
- Lead pilot site activities, including developing and establishing relationships with pilot site members.¬†
- Serve as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the development and implementation of strategic communication plans and materials.
- Support the development and facilitation of learning hubs with the pilot sites.
- Develop progress reports and other project documentation as required by funder.
- Monitor project budgets.¬†
- Prepare client-ready written materials (e.g., reports, PowerPoint presentations) and interface with client to communicate information clearly in a manner tailored to the intended audiences.
- Coordinate project-related meetings including logistics (e.g., meeting invitations, agendas), attend meetings, and prepare of meeting summaries.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs degree in social sciences, with extensive knowledge of the child welfare workforce system.
¬†Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
¬†Experience: 5 years of professional experience.¬†
¬†Knowledge: This position requires knowledge of child and adolescent development, abuse and neglect, system and organizational change and evaluation methodology.
¬†Skills: Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to communicate with the client both orally and in writing; ability to plan, organize, track information and pay attention to detail; excellent project management and time management skills; and ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
¬†Software¬†Proficiency: Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience using Zoom, Webex or online virtual meeting platforms.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.