Project Assistant (Sustainable Systems Change)
Tue, 06/08/2021 - 15:24
The Project Assistant (PA) provides critical administrative, communications, and programmatic support for the delivery of project activities. The JBS Center for Sustainable Systems Change builds workforce capacity for Federal, state and community agencies as well as academic¬†institutions¬†and¬†associations¬†serving marginalized and vulnerable populations. ¬† The PA works collaboratively with and supports all members of the project‚ÄĒthe position may be dedicated to one project or split between several projects within the Center when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:¬†
This position reports to the Project Director or designee and supports Project Directors, Project Managers, and subject matter experts. Specific job responsibilities include the following:
- Project Administration
- Maintains and updates contact and grantee information in project IT systems or related spreadsheets
- Enters and tracks data to facilitate project activities and deliverables.
- Supports the continuing education unit process by updating spreadsheets and populating templates.
- Schedules conference calls for project planning; may assist in documentation of calls.¬†
- Supports notetaking, cleans, and shares meeting minutes for all-staff check-ins, client meetings, and other project events.¬†
- Ensures that the files on the shared drive and related systems are organized, current, and accurate.
- External and Internal Communications Support
- Supports Center Lead and other project staff on internal and external communication. ¬†
- Prepares and disseminate communications via listservs and other related technology.
- As needed, coordinates with subject matter experts and internal JBS centers for the development and dissemination of Learning Management System (LMS) modules
- Project Logistics and Delivery Support
- Supports online meetings and trainings through use of Zoom or other online meeting platforms, monitoring participation, notetaking, and technical support.
- Works with the entire project team for the smooth operation of grantee meetings, including ordering, preparing, and tracking meeting materials; registering meeting participants and tracking registrations; arranging for the shipping/delivery of meetings materials; and providing onsite staff support.
- May contribute to project reports (e.g., quarterly reports, site visit reports, meeting summaries).
- Other Duties as assigned
- May support development of new business proposals
- Over time, and as skills and competencies increase, may take on increasing responsibility for project activity planning and delivery.
- Looks for opportunities to make project activities run more smoothly and acts accordingly.
‚ÄčMINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†Associates required in communications, coordination, health related, or other associated area¬†
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience:¬†A minimum of 1 year of experience in communications, administrative assistance, coordination, or logistics.¬†¬†
Soft Skills:¬†Must be able to organize, track and complete multiple tasks during the work day as priorities change. Key qualifications include initiative, organizational skills, ability to work well in a team, and excellent communication skills (oral and written). A high level of attention to detail.¬†
Software Proficiency:¬†Microsoft Office Suite, Online Meeting Tools such as Zoom or Teams¬†
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.Opens a New Window.¬† ¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office