Fri, 08/06/2021 - 12:57
Are you interested in working to improve the child welfare system? Are you interested in NYTD data collection, analysis, and data-driven work? Are you interested in being a part of a model federal program that includes the foster care voice at every level? We are looking for motivated candidates to be trained as NYTD Reviewers to support the federal review team for the National Youth in Transition Database Reviews (NYTD Reviews).¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Preparing to Perform the Work:¬†
- Review state materials and processes identified for the review
- Review training materials or other materials identified as being helpful before the onsite review
- Work collaboratively with JBS staff to arrange travel to the review
- Participate in any scheduled orientation or training sessions before or during the review
- Participate in planning conference calls
- Performing the Work:
- Remain present at the review site for the entire time of the on-site review and participate in all scheduled review activities, from the entrance conference through the exit conference
- Conduct all assigned activities, including reviewing case records, using a computer or state‚Äôs data system for case reviews, and participating in stakeholder interviews
- Participate in group meetings scheduled during the onsite review
- Attend debriefings and present information on cases reviewed
- Take notes during onsite review and interviews and share with federal team
- Assist in compiling a summary of the team‚Äôs findings during the onsite review
- Remain available for telephone consultation after the review, to clarify or supplement information recorded on the instruments
- Submit to JBS invoices for expenses incurred within 2 weeks of the end of the review
- Post-Onsite Review Work:¬†
- Participate in conference calls to provide input for the findings report provided within 2 months of the onsite visit
- Provide feedback about Young Adult Reviewer involvement in the review process
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Age: Must be between 18 ‚Äď 25 years of age from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds who have spent time in foster care after the age of 14
Experience: Engagement at the state level in youth boards and professional leadership or child welfare advocacy.
Knowledge: Understanding of National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD), and the NYTD survey.
Skills: Strong assessment skills, including the ability to: (1) gather information from written documents; (2) review the collection of information from various sources contained in case records; (3) compile information obtained from various sources contained in case records; and (4) make professional judgments based on the information contained in the case records. Demonstrates strong written and verbal communications skills.
Software¬†Proficiency: Intermediate skills with technology
Social Networks:¬†Familiar with and comfortable using social networks for communicating such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Tumblr.
Location: Availability and willingness to travel from home to other states to participate in training and weeklong review activities.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Experience: Experience participating in the NYTD survey. Have prior professional, leadership or advocacy experience in the child welfare field. Engagement at the state level in NYTD work either through: (1) outreach to other young people in foster care to administer the NYTD survey; (2) contributions to the state in the formation of the NYTD outreach process; and/or (3) participation in teen conferences or state- or national-level convenings on NYTD.
Skills:¬†Facilitating interviews with children and families engaged in child welfare system; facilitating interviews with community stakeholders, including child welfare professionals; and evaluation of program/agency documentation or NYTD systems.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.