JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (PAID INTERNSHIP)
Mon, 08/19/2019 - 12:55
The Junior Software Developer will work side-by-side with seasoned professionals, software architects, software developers, and analysts to design, develop and unit test software artifacts to fulfill the requirements of JBSâ€™s Government, Nonprofit and commercial clients. The Junior Software Developer will act in a variety of roles to learn the full spectrum of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a professional setting, acting as business and systems analysts, developers, designers, QA analysts and testers, database administrators and more, all with the mentorship and tutelage of seasoned professionals in every area. If you have the desire and aptitude to learn new tools and techniques in a fast-paced environment, JBS is the place for you. You will learn to lead the industry by applying innovative, cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems with a technology agnostic posture. You should be at ease working in a collaborative team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing and operations, and adheres to software development practices set by the company and the project
- Participate in design discussions with the software architect and the team to produce comprehensible design documents
- Review and refactor existing code to maximize efficiency, performance, modularity and reusability
- Participate in code review sessions to learn cooperatively with fellow interns and more experienced developers, supplying constructive criticism and enhancement suggestions
- Create clean, efficient code with minimal defects to meets customer requirements
- Perform unit testing on new artifacts and assists with regression testing and test automation to maintain quality software artifacts
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: College student (at least Junior status) pursuing a bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar discipline.
Language: Fluency in English language (both oral and written).
Experience: Experience using Java, C#, C++, PHP, Python, or similar languages to produce software artifacts using OOP. Experience using version control software such as TFS and Git. Experience using integrated development environment (IDE) such as IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio, PHPStorm or WebStorm.
Skills: Able to review design and code artifacts for organization, modularity, and sound practices. Able to communicate technical details effectively. Willingness to learn and apply whatever technology is necessary to fulfill the requirements of JBS and our customers
Location: North Bethesda, MD
At this time, JBS International, Inc. cannot sponsor nor transfer a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:Â Graduate student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar discipline.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter and resume. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer byÂ viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office