IT Project Manager
Thu, 09/17/2020 - 12:13
IT Project Manager (mid-level) to manage various innovative IT projects. The IT PM will define the project‚Äôs objectives, create project work plans and other deliverables related to project oversight, and work directly with all stakeholders to ensure on-time completion of the project. Working with guidance from corporate PMO, the IT PM will be responsible for leading and coordinating a team of talented individuals in the execution of multiple projects for multiple clients, while holding project teams to the highest standards of excellence in project execution, assessment and results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for planning, directing and managing IT projects from initiation through to implementation and maintenance.
- Responsible for tracking project timeline, cost, deliverable, and resource allocation.
- Manage issues, change requests, risks, and risk mitigation.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates project plans to ensure that the scope, approach, project deliverables and project artifacts meet the expectations of all stakeholders.
- Provides work direction and feedback to the project team to ensure project success and timely delivery.¬†
- Identifies strategies to keep the team progress on track by managing resources, task timelines and anticipating risks and issues that are outside of the direct control of the project team.
- Facilitates discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Creates and presents periodic project status reports as required based on project requirements and Project Management Office (PMO) guidelines and present them to senior management.
- Performs hands-on reviews of various project artifacts to ensure adherence to the scope of the project and take appropriate corrective actions to mitigate identified issues.
- Works with the PMO Manager to define, manage, and implement various SOPs and process guidelines for the PMO asset library.¬†
- Engages with product owner, business stakeholders, and the project team to elicit and understand business needs and help analyze and elaborate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Strive for multi-disciplinary technical expertise and cross-cutting skills to quickly learn and apply new technologies as necessary for JBS's project and innovations.
- Create, monitor, and maintain operational performance metrics including program sizing, planned level of effort, actual level of effort, schedule, scope, quality, and financial & operational performance metrics.
- Perform project audits to verify compliance to CMMI and ISO 9001 processes; generate monthly audit reports and share the findings with sr. management and PMO.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†A Bachelor‚Äôs degree; preferably in Technology Management, Business Administration, computer science, or engineering.
Certification Requirements:¬†PMI‚Äôs PMP certification or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) ‚Äď active or ability to re-activate/gain within 6 months
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in direct, hands-on management of IT application development or web development projects, covering project planning, task estimation, schedule management, requirements gathering, resource planning, change management, communication management, and quality assurance management.
- At least 3 years of experience using Project Management tools e.g. MS Project, JIRA, etc.
- Experience with Agile development teams
- Experience with compliance standards such as NIST, CMMI, ISO, etc. ¬†
- Demonstrated expertise with software development life cycle processes and documentation artifacts.
- Knowledge of formal project management methodologies.¬†
- Ability to apply and use advanced technical knowledge in customer focused, quality-oriented environment.¬†
- Strong business process analysis skills and ability to comprehend and explain process improvement strategies and techniques.
- Experience working within a PMO and/or collaborating with an Enterprise PMO.
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting role.¬†
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.¬†
- Ability to define, document, and implement processes.¬†
- Willingness to learn and apply whatever technology is necessary to fulfill the requirements of JBS and our customers.¬†
- Able to communicate technical details effectively.
- Uses Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and others as needed to produce project artifacts to communicate complex topics to the team and our customers.¬†
- Project Management tools e.g. MS Project, JIRA, etc.
¬†Location: North Bethesda, San Mateo, CA or Remote
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
#Itjobsearch; #itprojectmanagement; #CMMI; #projectmanagement; #scrummaster; #itjobs
- California Office
- Maryland Office