Human Resources Director
Thu, 09/09/2021 - 11:57
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a human resources infrastructure designed to foster an employee-oriented, high-performance culture and workforce and to support rapid corporate growth. Strategic responsibilities will include identifying/implementing innovative workforce performance development approaches, leading recruitment efforts aligned with company values, partnering with management on communication and feedback processes, fostering employee-driven HR initiatives, facilitating change management, establishing leadership development programs, and institutionalizing a positive employer-employee relationship promoting a high level of employee morale and motivation. Operational responsibilities will include leading compliance of HR processes/systems with regulatory requirements, establishing wage/salary structures, hiring/recruitment, policy development and documentation, rewards and recognition, benefits, retention, defining training programs, monitoring HR metrics, conflict resolution, etc.¬†
***This position is located and will work out of our North Bethesda Office***
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive HR strategy including recruiting, staffing, processing, compensation, benefits, HRIS and records management, safety, succession planning, training, employee relations and retention, compliance, rewards & recognition program, employee career development and succession planning.
- Administer and oversee the implementation of HR programs, procedures, and guidelines through supervising the work of HR staff and work with the JBS Leadership Team. Identify and implement cost-effective strategies for HR management.
- Manage and implement performance management system¬†
- Keep JBS leadership informed of significant workforce issues.
- Guide the selection, administration and maintenance of JBS compensation and benefits policies and programs.
- Monitor company compliance with existing and emerging governmental labor laws, to minimize liability risks. Assure compliance with governmental programs and reporting requirements such as Affirmative Action Plan, EEOP, EEO, and Vets 4212.
- Assure that company policies/programs and employee manuals are updated to comply with regulatory labor law changes, highlighting areas of concern and providing options to address them.
- Manage employment-related communication and feedback.
- Recommend, initiate and manage enterprise-wide, departmental and team level organizational change efforts.
- Guide training and development including technical and compliance training.
- Conduct investigations when employees bring forth complaints or concerns. Review, guide, approve, and assist in employment terminations.
- Oversight of all contracts, vendors, and systems for HR. ¬† Responsible for the oversight of HR vendors and systems. Select, maintain, and monitor ERP and HRIS systems.¬†¬†Oversee employee satisfaction and performance metrics.
- Participate in assessing training needs and implement strategies to address knowledge, skills and ability gaps.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs Degree ¬†
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience:¬†Minimum of 12 years of Human Resources managerial and supervisory experience in public or private personnel management. ¬†Experience in managing recruiting and staffing, employee compensation and benefits, labor relations, compliance, organization development, HRIS and training and development. ¬†Experience developing strategic HR plans and approaches
Knowledge:¬†Experience with geographically dispersed and multicultural workforce. ¬†Experience with managing full life cycle of HR in a consulting environment with quick turnaround hiring needs and maintaining high billability of staff across projects. ¬†Knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of personnel management. Knowledge of emerging trends in HR. Demonstrated effectiveness in conflict resolution and negotiation.
Soft Skills:¬†Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with other management staff, employees and the general public. ¬†Have strong communication and ‚Äúpeople skills,‚ÄĚ including but not limited to the ability to engage in collaborative activities, listen attentively, communicate accurately and clearly orally and in writing, have strong team-building skills, and be able to work on a variety of teams and with a variety of people. Strong time management skills and ability to take responsibility and self-manage work and schedule.¬† ¬†
Software¬†Proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Knowledge of HRIS and other HR related software and systems
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs Degree preferred;¬†PHR, SPHR or GPHR preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office