Human Resource Generalist
Fri, 05/20/2022 - 13:35
North Bethesda, health and human resources consulting firm seeks a Human Resources Generalist to engage in a wide range of HR-related duties, including: talent acquisition, HRIS administration, performance management, policy implementation, benefits administration, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, and employment law compliance.
Position is located in North Bethesda. ¬†Will consider candidates willing to work out of our San Mateo CA office
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- ¬†Partners with assigned customers to create job descriptions, source, screen, interview, evaluate, recommend, and offer authorized positions to qualified candidates utilizing knowledge of requirements for assigned positions.
- Provides career counseling to employees as needed utilizing knowledge of job opportunities and requirements within organization. ¬†
- Ensures legal compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Specializes in California HR compliance.¬†
- Collaborates with HR team in assisting managers to address areas of concern and to develop strategies for sustainable improvement/increased engagement and retention.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, employee handbook, and HR SharePoint site.
- Participates in administration of the performance evaluation program.
- Plays a part in developing department goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assists with HRIS records and reports, including onboarding, offboarding and data changes.
- Partners with HR team with benefits administration, change reporting, communicating benefits information to employees, and processing invoices.
- Assists with, or conducts, new-employee orientations, and other staff development and engagement programs to further develop staff.
- Assist with managing the internship program by recruiting in accordance with company goals
- Collaborates on DE&I to ensure alignment with the overall, people, business, and JBS goals.¬†
- Partners with HR team to plan companywide events such as annual health fair, holiday parties, DE&I events, and donation drives for various charities.
- Travels as needed to out of state recruitment functions and customers.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists employees with general HR related questions and communicates issues to appropriate HR team members when appropriate.
- Assists as liaison to HR vendors as needed.
- Functions as a team member to ensure that HR office operations and workflow is efficient and effective to serve all coworkers and customers.
Demonstrates and Expands Job Knowledge
Focuses on the Client (Internal and External)
Manages Work, Self and Others Effectively
Communicates Effectively (Oral and Written)
Analyzes and Develops Solutions and Demonstrates Innovation
¬†** See the Guide to Competencies
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs Degree; HR certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification or PHR or SPHR), or a desire to obtain the HR certification within 12-18 months of hire.¬†
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Minimum¬†2 years of HR experience: Talent Acquisition, HR compliance in California, HRIS, and employee engagement.
Skills: ¬†Work well in a team environment; demonstrate strong attention to detail, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment; possess excellent organizational skills and oral and written communication skills. Must have excellent customer service skills.
¬†Software¬†Proficiency: Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications at an intermediate level.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Experience:¬†HR experience in government contracting organization.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office