Health Information Specialist (NIH)
Fri, 10/16/2020 - 08:45
North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm seeks a dynamic full-time health information specialist to advance the overall vision and goals of a large NIH communications contract. Among the responsibilities, this position will support inquiry response, exhibits, and information dissemination. The position will work with senior staff and the government clients to plan and deliver high-quality, customer service.
The successful candidate will provide up-to-date health information and referrals to patients, caregivers, health professionals, and the general public and perform communications duties for a federal government project that disseminates current, relevant, comprehensive, and unbiased information on health topics based on scientific evidence.¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Help process Web-based information requests.
- Answer telephone inquiries and process requests for information.
- Review and respond to voicemail requests.
- Respond to daily emails from health professionals, patients, and the public on health- related diseases and conditions.
- Develop frequently asked questions.
- Make updates to the knowledge database as needed.
- Conduct research on complex inquiries and respond to control correspondence.
- Keep abreast of the latest science and treatments for related health conditions to ensure responses are accurate, reflect research in the field, and comply with NIH positions and policies.
- Use an online system to enter, track, and gather data for reports.
- Travel occasionally to health fairs and national professional conferences to staff conference booths.
- Remain current on Institute program and policy information via training, the web, and other resources.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct follow-up activity as necessary.
- Support the administrative needs of the management team.
- Provide other supportive functions as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: 1 year of call center experience OR health related internships/experience
Knowledge:¬† Ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically in English, using correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling as well as language that is appropriate for the target audience. Excellent research and computer skills.
Skills:¬†Communicate effectively orally and in writing.¬†Excellent customer service skills.
Software¬†Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite
Location: North Bethesda, MD
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Client Site
- Maryland Office