FDA Commissioned Inspector-Idaho
Mon, 09/21/2020 - 10:52
FDA Commissioned Inspector assists the FDA in enforcing retail establishmentâ€™s compliance with the Tobacco Control Act, particularly as it relates to a reduction in youth tobacco use and access within a given state or territory. This is a part-time, on-call position working outside school hours and some weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitate undercover buys in coordination with a trained Youth Participant (16 â€“ 17-year old) who attempts tobacco product purchases at assigned tobacco outlets to determine whether the retailer sells tobacco products to minors. Undercover teams consist of the Commissioned Inspector, one Youth Participant and one adult Chaperone.
- Will observe the Youth Participant inside the assigned tobacco outlet.
- Perform advertising and labeling inspections of tobacco retailers.
- Collect and document evidence of violations.
- Adhere to strict regulations regarding working with minors.
- Adhere to protocols established by FDA or JBS to carry out the inspections.
- Perform other inspection tasks as required.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Education:Â High school diploma or equivalentÂ
Language:Â English Fluency (oral and written)
Experience: Inspectors must be current health, food, drug or law enforcement officer OR employees of State, county, or local governmental jurisdictions
Knowledge: Â Must have valid driverâ€™s license, vehicle insurance and pass FDA-mandated background checks and training
Hours:Â Flexible and able to work after school hours and on weekends as necessary
Location: Must reside in Idaho
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:Â This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
Â If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Â Please include cover letter, resume, and at least (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â Â Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.