Fri, 06/12/2020 - 14:58
The FDA Center for Tobacco Products requires the assistance of minors (Youth Participant) to attempt the purchase of tobacco products from local tobacco retailers. The Chaperone will accompany the FDA Commissioned Inspector and Youth Participant to various sites to carry out this program. The goal of the program is to ensure tobacco retailers are complying with Federal laws and regulations that prevent them from selling tobacco products to minors. This will be a part-time, on-call position working outside school hours and on some weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Chaperone, along with an FDA Commissioned Inspector, will monitor the Youth Participant when entering into and out of the local tobacco retailers.
- The Youth Participant will be accompanied into the store by the FDA Commissioned Inspector and attempt to purchase a tobacco product.
- At the end of the attempt, the Youth Participant leaves the store with or without a purchased item.
- The Chaperone is required to maintain visual contact of the Youth Participant when they exit and return to the vehicle as the FDA Commissioned Inspector may not be able to maintain visual contact of the Youth Participant.
- Chaperones between the ages of 18 and 20 years and 10 months may be asked to participant in purchasing of tobacco products.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education:¬†High school diploma or equivalent
Age:¬†Must be at least 18 years old
Language:¬†English Fluency (oral and written)
Knowledge:¬†¬†Possess a strong work ethic. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Hours:¬†Must be flexible and able to work after school hours and on the weekends as necessary
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application.¬†¬†¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†