Tue, 07/09/2019 - 12:39
The E-Learning Designer/Developer is responsible for creating, delivering and supporting high quality training¬†programs, including in-person interactive presentations, webinars, online courses, and self-study sessions, for state, Tribal and local child welfare organizations. Works as part of a large project providing training and technical assistance to public child welfare agencies.¬†Ensures desired outcomes are achieved by leveraging innovative design, evaluation and learning reinforcement practices, as well as state of the art tools, technology and vendor resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Programs and compiles audio and visual assets to create training based on design documents and storyboards.
- Develops high-quality interactive eLearning modules ensuring performance on desktop and mobile devices.
- Assists in the development and creation of additional material including but not limited to case studies and videos.
- Creates quizzes, mini-games, and other meaningful interactions to support Web-based training modules in order to increase knowledge retention.
- Collaborates with instructional designers, graphic designers, subject matter experts, and other team members to bring eLearning content to life.
- Applies Instructional Design skills to create training programs, documentation, videos, and other supportive items as needed utilizing a variety of training methodologies.
- Evaluates training to determine impact. Conducts periodic reviews of existing courses and resources, to ensure high quality, relevant content. Uses peer reviews to assess quality of training and makes appropriate changes.
- Stays current and educated on trends, innovations, and applications within the industry.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor's Degree in related field
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 3 years instructional design, program design and training development experience. Experience working with teams to help bring creative/training vision to life in e-learning modules. A minimum of 3 years training experience; proven instructional design experience; experience with training material development support tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Adobe Connect, and basic web programming; experience with image editing and screen capture tools (SnagIt or Photoshop); experience with web-based deliverables/eLearning; experience managing design and development of e-learning materials and training
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of Adult Learning Theory and Instructional Design Models such as ADDIE. Knowledge of Learning Management Systems. Proficient in various Communication and Training Delivery Channels. Proven expertise in working with e-learning (web-based training) development/authoring tools such as Vyond, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, and Adobe CC. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of security methodologies, policies, standards and best practices.
Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with staff at all levels, from subject matter experts to senior leaders and foster strong relationships. Strong verbal communications,¬†expert writing, and expert planning skills. Excellent training facilitation skills. Ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Ability to effectively lead, organize and supervise. Detail oriented and organized yet innovative and collaborative. Experience interacting with stakeholders to determine the best instructional solutions and/or strategies.
Software¬†Proficiency: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in training/business presentation software such as Vyond, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Adobe CC, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Connect, Articulate, Snaglt, Photoshop, Cantasia Studio, GoAnimate, etc.
Location: North Bethesda, MD or Remote
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs Degree in relevant field
Experience: Experience in instructional design, program design and training development experience for child welfare professionals.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office