Communication Specialist II
Thu, 04/22/2021 - 13:17
As a member of the team, the Communications Specialist II will work on projects that focus on¬†developing and implementing innovations to motivate health care providers (HCPs) to share specific health-related resources with their patients and¬†Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) beneficiaries (e.g., patients) to participate in available preventive health programs; conducting formative research and developing a strategic communications campaign and messaging, informed by the research, for a state-wide program that aims to improve pregnancy outcomes in women who have diabetes, reduce lifelong risk of diabetes in children, and prevent diabetes and its complications in adults. ¬†This position will also be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic communications plan; and designing materials and products that aim to bring science-based information about addiction to HCPs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead project activities related to product/resource development for HCPs, patients, and/or the public on health-related topics (e.g., addiction, diabetes, preventive health).
- Lead health communications activities.
- Develop strategic communications plans.
- Develop guidance on how to encourage and motivate HCPs to share information with patients.
- Implement communications activities, as needed.
- Develop promotion materials (e.g., short emails, social media posts, website content) for HCPs and the public on health-related topics such as addiction, diabetes, chronic care management, preventive health education.
- Provide direction to the graphic design team on visual elements of promotion materials; coordinate with graphic design team through completion of promotion materials, as needed.¬†
- Lead health communications research activities (e.g., surveys, focus groups, interviews) including design and implement communications research activities, analyze data, and prepare reports, as needed.
- Develop progress reports and other project documentation.
- Plan and participate in project-related meetings; provide meeting summaries.¬†
- Prepare client-ready written materials (e.g., communications plans and materials; progress reports, PowerPoint presentations) and interface with client to communicate information clearly in a manner tailored to the intended audiences.
- Monitor project budgets.¬†
- Negotiate and manage subcontracts.
- Support business development efforts including capture planning as well as proposal development (e.g., drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents, (e.g., staffing, understanding, and technical sections as well as budget development)).
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs degree in Public Health or Health Communications.
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written).¬†
Experience: 5 years of health communications experience.
Knowledge: Understanding of behavioral health, health communications strategies and tactics, and excellent communications writing skills. ¬†Ability to¬†lead the development of promotion materials; develop materials for, and conduct qualitative and quantitative research activities (e.g., surveys, interviews), including reporting; effectively communicate with clients.
Soft Skills: Ability to write clear, concise communications plans and messages targeted to specific audiences; ability to plan, organize, and pay attention to detail; excellent time management skills; and ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
Software¬†Proficiency: Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required.¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs degree in Public Health or Health Communications preferred.
Knowledge:¬†Knowledge of diabetes, chronic care management, prevention education, Medicare, substance use disorder, and/or behavioral health
Software Proficiency:¬†Experience using online survey platforms (e.g., SurveyMonkey), social media, Canva, Google Analytics, social media monitoring platforms (e.g., Hootsuite).
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬† ¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.