Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Fri, 08/14/2020 - 15:37
Our Chief Finance Office (CFO) undertakes all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as responsibility for internal control of financial policies and procedures at JBS. ¬†JBS is a government contractor and manages contracts for several civilian agencies with particular emphasis in improving outcomes in health and well-being. This position makes strategic recommendations to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on financial data to support corporate business decisions. The ideal candidate will serve as a senior level finance representative and serve as a subject matter expert for the ELT.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs the financial activities of a business with an annual revenue of $50 million plus
- Executes the financial strategy of the company
- Ensures full transparency over the financial performance of the company
- Advises President with approaches to increase revenue and manage costs associated with government contracting industry practices
- Oversee and analyze corporate budgets and financial forecasts reporting variances and their explanations and recommendations to the ELT
- Implement consolidation of individual division/portfolio budgets and financial plans including labor and other costs (equipment, license fees, facility costs) Responsible for corporate financial reporting to parent organization responsive to ad hoc data requests as well as required ¬†financial reporting for AM Best purposes by parent organization
- Engages parent company and external customers to resolve complex contractual and financial issues
- Leads solution setting addressing and mitigating impact of regulatory changes on financial and contractual functions and responsibilities
- Lead corporate response to disputes that arise with government and/or clients, including proposal protests, audit negotiation/resolution, contract negotiation/solution
- Maintains knowledge of financial government industry trends that may impact corporate strategy and operations
- Hires, supervises, and develops Accounting and Contracts teams (2 direct reports and combined team total of 10)
- Additional¬†financial management duties as necessary
- Manage the Accounting team which oversees financial functions including annual budget forecasting, auditing, indirect rate setting, and accounting operations (including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition)
- Support the Controller with the preparation of monthly and annual corporate financial reporting
- Oversee monthly financial statements and ensure company compliance with GAAP
- Evaluate and establish corporate metrics
- Prepare monthly financial analysis for ELT
- Oversee indirect budgeting and cost control oversight
- Ensure compliance with and timely submittal of all government required financial reporting in accordance with grant and contractual requirements, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance and maintains current knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Manage and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Oversee all corporate audits which include annual Financial Statements, Incurred Costs and Retirement Plan
- Ensure best practices around internal processes and controls and integrity of financial systems intended to mitigate corporate risk
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database/s and recommends updates as needed
- Responsible for facilities, leases
- Liaise with legal counsel as needed and warranted
- Oversees the Contracts team responsible for the full-life cycle of contract management including but not limited to government proposal process, project onboarding and termination, partner agreements (non-disclosure, teaming), consultant and vendor contracts, and contract and grant compliance including development and maintenance of standard operating procedures
- Support procurement, solicitation, proposal budget preparation, and contracting award administration¬† ¬†
- Responsible for review of corporate agreements for services and final execution
- Ensures high quality contracts and grants administration in compliance with legal requirements
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor‚Äôs Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related business discipline
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
- 10 or more years of related financial or business analysis experience including supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) requirements.¬† Experience with federal government contract regulations.
- Previous experience with grant and various federal and state contract types.
- Prior experience successfully managing a team of 4-8 employees including but not limited to hiring and supervision.
- Expertise in cost accounting for government contractors
- Expertise in developing and managing company indirect rate cost pools and incurred cost submissions
- Competence in managing external and internal audits
- Ability to communicate effectively with legal, ELT, and parent company executives
Software Proficiency: Proficiency with the Deltek Costpoint Accounting System or similar system for Government Contractors
Location: North Bethesda, MD
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Master‚Äôs Degree in Finance/Accounting or a related business discipline. Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED: This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
#finanaceprofessionals; #financejobs; #cfo; #cfoinsights
- Maryland Office