Business Systems Analyst
Fri, 06/07/2019 - 11:50
The Business Systems Analyst (BA) plays a central and highly visible role on the IT Solutions team that is responsible for helping analyze, specify and deliver development projects in an agile environment. The BA works with various stakeholders to understand business needs and translates needs into technical requirements. The BA will break requirements into user stories, determine testable acceptance criteria, and prepare relevant documentation. The BA works with the Technical Lead and Project Manager to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved for all projects. The BA will also support projects by planning and conducting usability and User Experience testing, and performing data analysis against web analytics, access logs, and system audit trails to provide causal analysis and generate client-facing reports. This position requires strong technology skills with tools to create system design and process documentation, QA automation, or prototyping, and extensive hands-on experience in requirement analysis, testing methodologies, and Web site and application testing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interview personnel from functional user area to learn business processes and information requirements for application and development work.
- Seek out domain-specific trends, emerging practices and technologies, and concerns specific to the customerâ€™s business.
- Analyze business and user needs, documents requirements, develop wireframes, and revise existing functionality as necessary under direction of the Project Manager and/or Tech Lead.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation related to requirements and manage changes in requirements.
- Support the PM by coordinating planning, development, testing and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Interact with clients to resolve client requests and work with developers to diagnose any application errors and build out Jira tickets with clearly written acceptance criteria.
- Conduct system, usability and accessibility testing, and work with the validation engineer(s) to produce requirements traceability artifacts.
- Develop user acceptance test cases and scenarios.
- Conduct training sessions.
- Deliver system walk-throughs and functional training.
- Plan and prioritize testing tasks to meet overall objectives.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelorâ€™s degreeÂ
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience related to IT and web application development (requirements analysis, design, testing, and documentation). Experience testing for Section 508 compliance. Proven experience with quality assurance and Web site testing processes, methodologies, and procedures.
Knowledge: Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC). Solid knowledge of the development, test, release, and support processes.
Skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to balance high quality standards with demanding schedules. Comfortable working in a team environment. Resourceful, flexible, proactive, and customer oriented. Demonstrated ability to meet task requirements and timelines; and prioritize work on multiple initiatives.
Software Proficiency: Relevant experience with at least two (2) of the following tools:
- QA or UX Test Frameworks/Automation (e.g. Selenium, UFT, Katalon, Optimizely, Qualaroo)
- Prototyping / Wireframing (e.g. Invision, Adobe XD, Axure)
- Data Analysis (e.g. Google Data Studio, Excel Charts/Pivot/Solver, Microsoft BI)
- System / Process Diagramming (e.g. Visio, LucidChart, Gliffy)Â
- Requirements and Issue Management (e.g. Jira, TFS, Bugzilla)
Location: North Bethesda, MDÂ
At this time, JBS International, Inc. cannot sponsor nor transfer a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:Â
Education: Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related discipline; Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
Knowledge: Working knowledge of both Agile Scrum Methodology and Waterfall approach.
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.Â Â
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office