Business Development Intern
Thu, 09/09/2021 - 16:00
The Business Development Intern will work side-by-side with seasoned professionals in the Business Development Center to support all aspects of the operation from growth strategy, research and bid identification, capture, and the proposal development and production process. The Intern will serve in a variety of roles to learn the federal government‚Äôs procurement lifecycle and the JBS strategic business development operation, all with the mentorship and tutelage of seasoned professionals in every area. If you have the desire and aptitude to learn how federal contractors identify and capture new business and meet strategic growth metrics in a fast-paced environment, JBS is the place for you. You will be trained in and have access to federal contracting tracking and research tools as well as trained in the JBS ‚ÄúWin Process.‚ÄĚ You will learn to work with corporate executives, project managers, subject matter experts, and technical staff to support their growth activities. You should be at ease working in a collaborative team environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:¬†
- Capture Management Support
- Perform initial basic research on selected opportunities to include agency, client, value, POP, RFP dates, incumbent, vehicle, prime/sub, competitors, etc.¬†
- Collect and update data related to selected opportunities and enter information into Salesforce Opportunity Management System.
- Research Federal Trends and Spending (Agency Level) out of FPDS, Bloomberg, or GovWin.
- Perform competitor research to support opportunity capture activities
- Work with Business Leads and the BD Center Director to develop and prepare marketing and business development content for PowerPoint presentations using existing content and other marketing collateral.
- Proposal Development Support
- Support Sr. Proposal Process Manager and Technical Proposal Managers to develop proposal development schedules and proposal coordination activities.¬†
- Track and distribute RFP Modifications, updates and Q&As to proposal teams
- Coordinates and prepares/submits questions to¬†the requesting agency
- Communicates and monitors writer and reviewer assignments
- Alerts TPM of potential delays with writers,¬†subcontractors, or production deadlines.
- General Administrative Support
- Provide administrative coordination for business development and capture activities to include internal and external communications; data collection, entry, and storage; opportunity research; facilitation and scheduling of meetings; and proposal and content coordination.
- Work with BD Content Manager to collect and archive proposal collateral including CPARs, Client Kudos, past performance, and Best-In-Class, templates, tools, and other re-use material.¬†
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†Pursing a degree with a minimum of two semesters completed.¬†¬†
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
- Experience with online research tools preferred
- Basic understanding of federal government contracting preferred
- Experience with popular business tools (Windows, Office Professional, Visio, SharePoint, etc.)
- Competitive, business growth-first mindset with demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organized with ability to meet deadlines and contribute to team success
- Willingness to try new things, fail fast and learn fast
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team or independently
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Client Site
- Maryland Office