Business Analyst (IT Solutions)
Mon, 10/26/2020 - 09:18
The Business Analyst (BA) plays a central and highly visible role on the IT Solutions team that is responsible for collecting, documenting and analyzing business requirements, specifying technical requirements and delivering software and other types of technology projects in an agile environment. The BA works with various stakeholders to understand end-to-end business processes and translates these processes into business requirements and scenarios that can be illustrated in User Stories with testable acceptance criteria and relevant documentation. The BA works with the Technical Lead and Project Manager to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved for all projects. The BA will also support projects by planning and conducting usability and User Experience testing. This position requires experience in using tools for documenting the development and testing of technical solutions that operationalize the business system design and implement the business process requirements, extensive experience in communicating development or design flaws to development and testing teams, along with the required corrections.¬†
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interview personnel from functional user areas to document and verify business processes and information requirements for application and development work.
- Analyze current state of the system, document ‚Äúas is‚ÄĚ state and determine ‚Äúto be‚ÄĚ state based on the user needs.¬†
- Recommend solutions for enhancing and restructuring a system and provide Proof of Concept. ¬†
- Design user interfaces by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, and confirming specifications.¬†
- Effectively plan, conduct and lead multi-disciplinary meetings to analyze business and user needs, document requirements, develop wireframes, and revise existing functionality as necessary under direction of the Project Manager and/or Tech Lead.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation related to customer business requirements and manage changes in requirements.
- Support the PM by coordinating planning, development, testing and documentation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success, and quality.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.¬†
- Interact with clients to resolve client requests and work with developers to diagnose and correct any application errors with clearly written acceptance criteria.
- Conduct system, usability, and accessibility testing, and work with the validation engineer(s) to produce requirements traceability artifacts.
- Develop user acceptance test cases and scenarios.
- Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions.
- Deliver system walk-throughs and functional training.
- Plan and prioritize testing tasks to meet overall objectives.
- Focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Prioritize, multitask, and work on multiple initiatives with minimal guidance.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education:¬† Bachelor‚Äôs degree¬†
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of business analyst experience related to software, web application, and other types of IT tools development (requirements analysis, design, testing, and documentation). Experience testing for Section 508 compliance.¬†Experience with agile methodologies, principles, and procedures.
Knowledge: Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).¬†Solid knowledge of agile development, test, release, and support processes.
Soft Skills: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to balance high quality standards with demanding schedules. Work well in a team environment. Resourceful, self-starter, flexible, proactive, and customer oriented.
Software¬†Proficiency: Relevant experience with at least two (2) of the following tools:
- Prototyping / Wireframing (e.g. Invision, Adobe XD, Axure)
- System / Process Diagramming tools (e.g. Visio, LucidChart, Gliffy)
- Requirements and Issue Management (e.g. Jira, TFS, Bugzilla)
- MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook calendar
Location: Rockville, MD ‚Äď Client site. Position will require working on regular basis at client site. Will be able to work remotely till return to office has been approved.
CLEARANCE: MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Education:¬†Bachelor‚Äôs degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline; Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Knowledge: Working knowledge of both Agile Scrum Methodology and Waterfall approach.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬† ¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office