Bilingual Information Specialist (Spanish)
Mon, 08/03/2020 - 13:52
North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm seeks a Bilingual Information Specialist that will provide up-to-date information and referrals to the public (parents/caregivers), early childhood professionals, the Head Start community, and OHS/Federal staff and perform communications duties in both English and Spanish.
¬†ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate orally and in writing, both in Spanish and English.
- Help process Web-based information requests.
- Answer telephone inquiries and process requests for information.
- Check and process voicemail requests.¬†
- Respond to daily e-mails from early education professionals, parents/caregivers, and the public on numerous Head Start program issues.
- Develop frequently asked questions.
- Make updates to the knowledge database as needed.
- Conduct research on complex inquiries and respond to control correspondence for the Office of Head Start.
- Remain current on Head Start program and policy information via training, the Web, and other resources.
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct follow-up activity as necessary.
- Support the administrative needs of the management team.
- Provide other supportive functions as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Language:¬†English and Spanish fluency (oral and written)
Experience: 1 year of call center experience OR early childhood education related internships/experience
Skills: Excellent customer service skills. Clear oral communication skills. Ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically in both English and Spanish, using correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling as well as language that is appropriate for the target audience. Excellent research and computer skills.
Software¬†Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite
Location: North Bethesda, MD
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Experience: 3 years of call center experience OR early childhood education related internships/experience
Software¬†Proficiency: HighGear and Smartsheet
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:¬†This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
This position is subject to availability of funds and to any and all restrictions contained in the contract or contracts that provide funding for this position.
¬†If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office