Bilingual Case Coordinator (Spanish)
Thu, 11/08/2018 - 12:24
Work collaboratively with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Division of Children's Services, to provide case coordination services to unaccompanied children in Federal custody. This position is located in Northern Virginia with some travel required.
- Ensuring that unaccompanied children (UC) are receiving appropriate services and are placed in the least restrictive setting
- Providing recommendations on family reunification to ORR
- Visiting ORR-Funded care provider sites and interviewing children
- Assisting in the identification of special needs and appropriate placement recommendations
- ¬†Providing timely review, assessment, and recommendation of release requests to ORR to ensure release of UC to a sponsor promptly Participating in collaborative meetings with local stakeholders
- Providing regular case reports
- Making recommendations for home study and post- release services for at-risk children, in collaboration with the care provider and ORR
- Providing child-welfare based technical assistance
- Collaborating and working on any other tasks specific to the case coordinator as per ORR/DCS policy and procedures
- This position requires a Master of Social Work or a related field with 2 years of experience in child welfare or a Bachelor of Social Work or related field with 5 years of experience in child welfare.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish (proficiency will be tested)
- Experience working with immigrant, refugee and underserved populations is a plus.
Other duties as assigned:
This position description should not be constructed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.¬†
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the "APPLY NOW" link posted below and complete the application through ADP. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, at least three (3) professional references, and salary history. If you have technical difficulty, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of the issue.¬†
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf¬†Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Religion/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender/Sexual Orientation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office