Research Analyst II
Thu, 03/28/2019 - 16:09
JBS International, Inc., a North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm, seeks a mixed-methods analyst to join fast-paced multidisciplinary research team to provide research support by assisting with data collection and documentation efforts and data analysis and report-writing for prevalence and need estimation, national evaluation, and impact analysis of funding appropriated to address the opioid epidemic.
The Research Analyst will use a high level of attention to detail and organization to play a key role in managing: a) quantitative and qualitative data collection; b) data cleaning and analysis; c) document management and tracking; and d) reporting writing and presentation. The successful candidate will take an active role in continually developing/refining procedures and analytic approaches to maintain methodological rigor while maximizing responsiveness to client information needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative data collection using SAS, Stata, SPSS, Atlas.ti, MAXQDA, Access, and Excel
- Collects and maintains project-specific data and operates data entry systems
- Extracts data from primary and/or secondary data sources
- Interprets quantitative and qualitative data and designs statistical models for researching problems or questions
- Develops and uses procedures for data cleaning and data analysis
- Proactively uncovers and resolves data and calculation issues
- Validates quality of data elements/data editing
- Conducts advanced statistical analysis with supervision
- Researches and develops analytical tools to address issues, trends, patterns, and relationships in the data that provide answers to questions posed by project administrators, staff, or clients
- Conducts data analysis using statistical software programs to illustrate results and make them understandable by project staff or clients
- Attends project-related meetings
- As requested, serves as a representative on project and in workgroups
- May give presentations at meetings, trainings, and conferences
- For specific tasks, support project teams by leading meetings, taking notes and creating transcripts, heading email communications as a point of contact with clients
- Assists with preparation of high-quality materials for clients (e.g., reports, PowerPoint presentations)
- Responds verbally and in writing as needed to questions and concerns
- Converts data outputs to viewable form for analyses and presentations
- Presents findings in coherent, thoughtful, and interesting manner, in writing and verbally
- Assists with preparation of client-ready analysis and findings reports for a variety of audiences. Drafted sections will include methods (including data description and analysis details/procedures), results, and conclusions
- Develop report outlines in coordination with the project director or manager
- Provide feedback to senior researchers regarding progress/status
- Monitors tasks and deliverables for contract compliance:
- Maintain project work plans and timelines
- Maintain project records and documentation
- Assist preparing monthly reports or other project logistics
- Supports business proposal development efforts drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents, (e.g. staffing, understanding, and technical sections)
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Masters‚Äô degree
Language: English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of research and evaluation experience using quantitative and qualitative approaches within the field of behavioral health. ¬†Proficiency using at least one of the following three quantitative analytic packages (Stata, SPSS, or R) and in univariate and multivariate analysis. Experience managing data collection efforts, extracting data, cleaning data, and building databases.
Knowledge: Ability to communicate research and evaluation findings clearly to a variety of audiences both orally and in writing. Knowledge of national behavioral health databases (e.g. National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH))
- Develops (or assists with the development of) data extraction templates and databases
- Supports data collection and documentation efforts by building data dictionaries and codebooks, and merging, formatting, and labeling multiple data sources
- Conducts quantitate data analysis by programming analysis scripts (for example SPSS syntax, R scripts), performing routine data quality checks, and running univariate and multivariate analysis
- Understands and proposes methodological approaches to evaluation projects
- Supports the development of research reports and presentations by conducting literature reviews, interpreting data analytic results, creating tables and visualizations (using Excel, Tableau, or other software), and drafting reports.
- Actively participates in the analytic portions of proposal development.
- Knowledge of behavioral health disorders and related behavioral health policy with an emphasis on substance use disorders.
Software Proficiency: Proficiency in at least one of the following: Stata, SPSS, or R.¬†
Location: North Bethesda, MD or Remote¬† ¬†
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:¬†
Knowledge: ¬†Experience using ATLAS.ti or NVivo
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email email@example.com to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Equal Opportunity Employer‚Äďminorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
- Maryland Office