Information Specialist NIDDK
Fri, 12/14/2018 - 15:07
North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm seeks a dynamic full-time health information specialist to advance the overall vision and goals of a large NIH communications contract. Among the responsibilities, this position will support inquiry response, exhibits, and information dissemination. The position will work with senior staff and the government clients to plan and deliver high-quality, customer service.
The successful candidate will provide up-to-date health information and referrals to patients, caregivers, health professionals, and the general public and perform communications duties for a federal government project that disseminates current, relevant, comprehensive, and unbiased information on health topics based on scientific evidence.
- Communicating effectively orally and in writing
- Answering telephone inquiries about specific health related topics and processing requests for information and referrals
- Reviewing and responding to voicemail requests
- Responding to emails and letters on a variety of health topics
- Keeping abreast of the latest science and treatments for related health conditions to ensure responses are accurate, reflect research in the field, and comply with NIH positions and policies.
- Using an online system to enter, track, and gather data for reports
- Traveling occasionally to health fairs and national professional conferences to staff conference booths
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in a health-related discipline
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically, using correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling as well as language that is appropriate for the target audience
- Excellent research and computer skills
Exceptional Writing Skills
Highly Accountable and Results-Orientation
Creative Thinking Skills
Ability to Take Initiative
Solid Planning, Organizational, and Time Management Skills
Sharp Communication Skills
High-level Problem Solving and Decision-Making Abilities
Collaborative and Team-Orientation
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.orgÂ to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office