Thu, 10/03/2019 - 16:55
The eLearning Designer/Developer is responsible for creating, delivering, and supporting high-quality training¬†programs, including in-person interactive presentations, webinars, online courses, and self-study sessions, for state and Tribal child welfare organizations. Works as part of a large project providing training and technical assistance to public child welfare agencies as well as to a large internal group of Subject Matter Expert (SME) consultants. Ensures desired outcomes are achieved by leveraging adult learning principles, innovative design, and effective evaluation and learning reinforcement practices, as well as state-of-the-art tools, technology, and vendor resources. Also supports other trainers, training consultants, and the Training Manager in developing live training curricula as needed and delivering live, in-person trainings at locations around the country.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Applies Instructional Design skills to create and develop training programs, documentation, videos, and other supportive materials, as needed, using a variety of training methodologies
- Analyzes audience needs and skill levels to appropriately customize training content and distill complex ideas, concepts, and instructions into an approachable format
- Programs and compiles audio and visual assets to create training based on design documents and storyboards
- Develops high-quality interactive eLearning modules, ensuring optimal performance on desktop and mobile devices
- Assists in the development and creation of additional material, including but not limited to case studies, videos, other written documentation, and PowerPoints
- Creates high-quality quizzes, mini-games, and other meaningful interactive materials to support Web-based training modules in order to increase knowledge retention
- Collaborates with instructional designers, graphic designers, SMEs, and other team members to bring eLearning content to life
- Applies Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) principles to all trainings through the use of: (1) evaluations to determine impact and effectiveness; (2) periodic reviews of existing courses and resources to ensure content relevance and quality; (3) peer reviews to assess training quality and make appropriate changes
- Stays current and educated on trends, innovations, and applications within the industry
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education:¬†Bachelor's Degree in related field
Language:¬†English fluency (oral and written)
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in instructional design, program design, and training development related to eLearning, with additional experience in curriculum design, adult learning, and live training delivery. Experience working with teams to help bring creative/training vision to life in eLearning modules. Experience using training material development support tools including but not limited to Adobe Captivate, Articulate, and Adobe Connect. Experience with image editing and screen capture tools such as Snagit. Experience with web-based deliverables/eLearning. Experience in managing design and development
Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design models such as ADDIE. Knowledge of learning management systems. Proficiency in various communication and training delivery channels. Proven expertise in working with web-based training development/authoring tools such as but not limited to Vyond, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, and Adobe Creative Cloud. Knowledge of security methodologies, policies, standards, and best practices
Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with staff at all levels, from SMEs to senior leaders, and foster strong relationships. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and planning skills. Ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Ability to effectively lead, organize, and supervise. Detail-oriented and organized yet innovative and collaborative. Experience consulting with stakeholders to determine the best instructional solutions and/or strategies.
Software¬†Proficiency: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as a variety of training development and delivery tools including but not limited to Vyond, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Connect, WebEx, Articulate, Cantasia Studio, and GoAnimate.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education:¬†Master‚Äôs Degree in relevant field
Knowledge: Good understanding of Section 508 compliance and best practices/design principles related to online accessibility
Experience: Child welfare or related field; education or related field
Software Proficiency: Proficiency in a variety of graphic/media design tools including, but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Audition, Audacity, Prezi, and InDesign
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this role, please apply online. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and complete the full application. If you have technical difficulty, please email¬†email@example.com.¬†to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about equal opportunity employers by¬†viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.¬†Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Maryland Office