Bilingual Health Information Specialist (English/Spanish)
Mon, 01/14/2019 - 13:01
North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm seeks a Bilingual Health Information Specialist that will provide up-to-date health information and referrals to patients, caregivers, health professionals, and the general public and perform communications duties for a federal government project that disseminates current, relevant, comprehensive, and unbiased information on dementia and aging based on scientific evidence.
- communicating effectively orally and in writing in both English and Spanish;
- answering telephone inquiries and processing requests for publications and referrals;
- reviewing and responding to voicemail requests; responding to emails and letters on a variety of health and aging information issues and as part of a control correspondence process from the project client (formal correspondence that is received by the National Institutes of Health);
- remaining current on health research and general health information on Alzheimer‚Äôs disease, dementia, and aging issues via training, the Web, journals, media coverage, email subscriptions, and other resources; resolving problems and coordinating publication deliveries in a timely manner;
- conducting follow-up customer service for additional research, including inventory management on a weekly basis of requested publications; supporting the administrative needs of the management team including using the online ordering system to enter and track data and gathering data for reports; and traveling occasionally to health fairs and conferences to staff conference booths.
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
- Bachelor‚Äôs degree in a health related field
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically in both English and Spanish, using correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling as well as language that is appropriate for the target audience
- Excellent research and computer skills
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link posted below and complete the application. Please include a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please email¬†email@example.com¬†to let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at¬†EEOPost.pdf.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Religion/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender/Sexual Orientation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
- Maryland Office