Bilingual Case Coordinator (Spanish)
Mon, 03/25/2019 - 14:07
The Bilingual Case Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Federal Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Division of Children's Services, to provide case coordination services to unaccompanied children in Federal custody. This position is remote with some travel required to Northern Virginia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensuring unaccompanied children (UC) are receiving appropriate services and are placed in the least restrictive setting
- Providing recommendations on family reunification to ORR
- Visiting ORR-Funded care provider sites and interviewing children
- Assisting in the identification of special needs and appropriate placement recommendations
- Providing timely review, assessment, and recommendation of release requests to ORR to ensure release of UC to a sponsor promptly Participating in collaborative meetings with local stakeholders
- Providing regular case reports
- Making recommendations for home study and post- release services for at-risk children, in collaboration with the care provider and ORR
- Providing child-welfare based technical assistance
- Collaborating and working on any other tasks specific to the case coordinator as per ORR/DCS policy and procedures
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelorâ€™s in Social Work or related field or Mastersâ€™ in Social Work or a related field
Experience: 5 years of child welfare experience (with a Bachelors) or 2 years of child welfare experience (with a Masters)
Language: English and Spanish Fluency (oral and written)
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite.
Location: Remote with travel to North Virginia
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: Working with immigrants, refugees, and underserved populations is preferred
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the "Apply" link and include a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references. If you have technical difficulty, please emailÂ email@example.comÂ toÂ let us know of the issue.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster atÂ EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Client Site